Can't get death messages working again.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by ben3721, May 1, 2015.

1. A long time ago i turned off death messages. Today my players wanted them back so I went into essentials and turned it to true.

Restarted the server and it did not work. I wonder if any other plugins are preventing this. I have checked a bunch of plugins and i cant figure this out...

Here is my plugin list.

Plugins (37): CoreProtect, LinksOnSigns, PlayerHeads, WorldEdit, ChristianChat, FishChecker, Essentials, ChunkSpawnerLimiter, AdminChat, AutoMessage, CrackShot, SurvivalGames, WorldBorder, Trading, HeapDump, Votifier, Multiverse-Core, WorldGuard, DiamondHunter, RewardVoting, EssentialsChat, PermissionsEx, Tadukoo_Bible, mcMMO, ParticleGUI, HorseKeep, Vault, ColoredAnvils, GriefPrevention, PlayerParticles, EssentialsSpawn, afkTerminator, ChestShop, Towny, SilkSpawners, Mobcash, CraftBay

2. Turn off your server then try to set the value or do /essentials reload. Other then that it can possibly be ChristianChat or AdminChat possibly? I'm just taking a guess though as those have to deal with chat but unfamiliar with them both so I couldn't say for sure.

3. Post your Essentials configuration? It's likely just a # symbol either missing or excessively marked.

4. I reset the essentials config and it did not allow death messages still. AdminChat just allows a chat channel for staff. Christian Chat just have chat clear and curse blocker.

5. /gamerule ShowDeathMessages false

6. /gamerule ShowDeathMessages true

He wants them enabled. :p

7. So you noticed... I do these things often to make sure people are awake! :D

8. Tried the command, didnt fix the problem o_O what the hell did i do... It must be due to another plugin...

9. Check the WorldGuard config to see if death messages are disabled.

10. You just made my day.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Haha, that's great to know! Good to hear it is fixed.

12. Yup... :p

Haha