1.15.2 Change Player's Skin to Skin Saved Locally

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by xMakerx, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change the player's skin to a skin saved locally (i.e. a skin saved on the server) so I don't have to invoke the Mojang API and deal with requests and what-not?

I saw this thread on StackOverflow from years ago. https://stackoverflow.com/questions...yer-skin-to-png-from-server-invalid-signature

I would like to do something similar to that, but I don't know what he means when he said that he fixed it by saving the skin's signature locally. I haven't done anything like this before and I need some detailed instructions or some examples on where to start for this. I've looked at the ChangeSkin plugin and I think it has far too many bells and whistles for what I want to do. I simply want to change the player's skin during gameplay to a skin saved locally for all players to see.

No, I can't afford to buy 15 minecraft accounts to accomplish this.

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

Saved locally as a png? Impossible without accounts (and also dum)
    Saved locally after it was uploaded to mojang? Very possible.
    You might want to look at mineskin. You can upload skins there, save their signatures and then apply them whenever you want. Mineskin will upload the skin to mojang for you, so you don't have to buy accounts.

3. Okay, so after I upload the skins to mineskin how do I use them?

4. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

Mineskin will give you a texture and signature. You'll use these to populate a GameProfile.

5. MiniDigger

Supporter

Or, If you use paper you don't need to use nms and can use the player profile api

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Could I get a code example on how to use Mineskin?

• Useful Useful x 1