Changing fence states?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Aronetic, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Hello, this is not a recruitment or hiring or some sorts.

i was just wondering if somebody knows how to change the state a fence or glasspane is in.
    i run a towny server and i want to make plots that look pleasing to the eye.

however fences keep connecting to blocks i dont want them to connect to.
    they're just going into a T state wanting to connect to all blocks near it.

is there any way to prevent a fence from doing this? is there way to change their state?
    maybe a plugin of some sorts?

i hope someone knows the answer.
    Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Could you try replacing the blocks that the fences are connecting to with stairs instead of blocks? Since they’re not full blocks I don’t think they’ll connect.

3. yea i used to do that. but seemingly in 1.14.3.... the fences now also connect to the back of stairs :/
    [​IMG]

4. Bump. i really want to know if this is possible in some way x.x

5. Since you have a wooden axe, I'm assuming you're using WorldEdit. With that being the case, you can turn on `//fast` mode, and then `//set oak_fence` (or whatever type you'd like). This will prevent them from connecting.
    To get the connections you want (either north/south or east/west) specify block properties with
    `//set oak_fence[north=true,south=true]`.

Note that blocks placed next to the fence will cause block updates that may cause them to re-attach, so you'd have to prevent those blocks from being changed if you want it to stick around. (unsure if this is just a one time thing or what).

https://gfycat.com/betterzealoushumpbackwhale

6. You can also manually do it with the debug stick
    /give playerName debug_stick then you can left click/right click for different options to change a blocks state

7. WorldEdit's /cycler can do this too, but I think that would take a bit to do for many fences individually :p