Chat formatting, how to change message color?(with pex)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by RH_3, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there,

I am using essentials chat and pex for the chat formatting, but now I would like to now how to change the color of the message.
    I already tried adding a suffix with a color code(not working)
    I was trying in the essentials config to add per group chat format. So i added a color code before the message code. that doesn't work. I have changed my rank to that one but it still uses the default chat format.
    HEre is my essentials chat config: http://pastebin.com/aW3L7KbD

2. If you are wanting to make this formatting for everyone on the server go ahead and disable the "yt" rank from having a format (Personal Preference). Then edit it to say this.
    Code (Text):
    '{DISPLAYNAME}&f: &6{MESSAGE}'
    You can change that &6 to any available colors and or type here .
    I believe that doing prefixes in PEX isn't working or the developer left it out of the new update. So I would personally stick to using EssentialsChat for the time being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dacon

Supporter

Get chatex

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Thread moved => Plugin Help

• Like Like x 3
  5. I want not that the default, i want to change the chat color from group yt.

6. Dacon

Supporter

Essentials doesn't go with pex... Get chatexo_O

7. Hmm ok, I installed it but I can't find a option to ONLY add a chat color to the yt group.

Edit: Restarts work awesome, it is working now!

#7 RH_3, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. No idea what you two are talking about. I'm using the latest of both plugins and they work perfectly fine together. My prefixes are formatted like: '&2[Title] &3' (the space and the colour code colours the players name). Then essentialschat is setup with the bit after the player name, including chat colour.

Never had an issue, still don't have an issue.

Edit: I do understand the OP has a unique case where he wants the chat colour to change between ranks, which neither plugin was built to handle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I could make it work with chatex and pex.
    Using this command:
    Code (Text):
    /pex group Owner set message-format "%prefix&f[&4Owner&f] &3%player: %message"
    For example, so you can easily add 2 prefixes or other stuff!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dacon

Supporter

I never said it didn't work, pex and essentials chat is disgusting. Essentials chat is good with group manager, chatex for pex

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HELP!

I don't get it!

How do I get the text some color! When I write the text has no color! I whant to change this: ' Skärmavbild 2015-08-13 kl. 20.51.00.png

12. Essentials.

group-formats:
    Youtuber: '{DISPLAYNAME} &f: &6{MESSAGE}'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.