Chat Plugin Help Pages Tutorial

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by WAS, Apr 14, 2017.

1. WAS

WAS

Is there any help pages tutorials? I mean I understand how I can make one fairly straight forward. I'm just wondering if someone has explained a more streamlined, or even dynamic method. Google is not really being of help. Or Spigot search. Getting tons of plugins.

Oh by help pages I mean your plugins commands/permissions. For example /yourplugin help or /help yourplugin

#1 WAS, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. What do you mean by "Help pages tutorials?" I'm new to the spigot forum, is this something about that?

3. what do you mean by "help pages" ? Do you mean the javadocs?

4. WAS

WAS

Oh no, sorry. I mean like for chat. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and manually make them or if there is some sort of method people generally use or even dynamic?

5. Sorry by that, but i don't really understand what you mean now " for chat " xd is it something web based, ingame based, chat formats or what?

Edit: Ohhh i think i got what you tryed to mention, you mean like ingame help pages style based?

6. WAS

WAS

That. Like pretty much every plugin out theres help section on commands and permissions registered, etc.

7. Well, I don't know if it's a better method or not, but I like to keep my code organized, I create a separate class, where I can store my messages, and so I just call the method from that class. Makes everything so much more nice.

8. So you ask for a dynamic way of using permissions like "plugin.admin" - "plugin.user" for several commands?

9. WAS

WAS

Uhmm. No.

Take for example almost any plugin. You type /plugin help or /help plugin and can get information regarding the plugin, usually provided by the plugin in most cases with fancy colors and all that. Does everyone just do this manually, or do they stream the registered commands and permission nodes to create a list to display to the end-user.