Spigot ChatInjector 1.13+ 1.0.2

Inject PlaceholderAPI placeholders into your chat with EssentialsXChat

1. PacksGamingHD submitted a new resource:

ChatInjector 1.13+ - Inject PlaceholderAPI placeholders into your chat with EssentialsXChat

Read more about this resource...

2. There is a small problem. Any user can write in colors. It would be nice to add permissions or patch it. Otherwise it works well.

3. There is a problem with UPPERCASE letters, when using chatinjector some colours, bold etc are lowercase.
    2020-08-06_20.37.17.png
    All writed UPPERCASE "TEST"

4. Downgrade PlaceholderAPI to 2.10.6

5. For when the fix of the colors? If it takes too long i'll have to remove the plugin.

6. Is it possible to use ChatInjector also for custome EssentialsX language files.
    For example use a placeholder in the change gamemode message.
    Code (Text):
    gameMode=§6Set game mode§c {0} §6for {luckperms_prefix}§c{1}§6.
    Or will this only works for EssentialsXChat ?

7. PacksGamingHD updated ChatInjector 1.13+ with a new update entry:

ChatInjector v1.0.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. I have just released an update now to fix all of the issues mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the update but it doesn't work as it should. Lowercase letters are fixed but placeholders are not being replaced. I'm using {vault_ranks} in motd.txt file from Essentialsx and it displays {vault_ranks} instead placeholder value. Before update, with PlaceholderAPI version 2.10.6 it works ok.

10. I think I found the issue I'll release another update

• Like Like x 1
  11. Any progress?

12. I'm a bit confused as to what "- chatinjector.parse" actually does. Giving users the perm doesn't let users parse their own messages for placeholder https://i.imgur.com/j1o7Bzz.png and not giving them the perm still parses it as if it was a prefix/postfix.

13. After de-compiling the plugin it seems like anything related to isPermissible() is missing from the code. The only time it shows up is in the plugin.yml. Looking at the source code on github it does seem like this used to exist. @PacksGamingHD

14. I have installed latest PlaceholderAPI (2.10.9) and ChatInjector (1.0.2), but placeholder in EssentialsXChat not working. Am I doing something wrong? (Also installed "world" expansion and latest ProtocolLIB)

Attached Files:

#15 Bertomil, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  15. Unfortunately right now it only can do chat formats not chat messages. This is a bug in PAPI. Downgrade to version 1.0.1 and PAPI 2.10.6 and placeholders in messages will work

• Like Like x 1
  16. Placeholders with EssentialsChat are not displaying in-game but are displaying in the console. Why is this happening?

17. Did you found any fix?

18. Doesn't seem to work with essentials motd.

Does anyone have any newer alternatives?

19. Is the source code for this fork published anywhere? If not, could it be?