Cheap hosting?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Phill, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Anyone know any cheap hosting that I can use for a hub?

2. I can offer you private space on our machine. Our minecraft network uses a private one in a datacenter in Germany. We also use Multicraft. And since the machine is not fully booked, I thought i'd give other people a chance to have the servers on it as well.

What I can offer:
    ------------------------------------------
    2.4€ per 1GB of ram
    (every aditional 0.5GB is 1.55€)
    (Price is made so that it does not generate profit -
    It just covers a part of the cost for the machine)
    -------------------------------------------
    100% Unlimited SSD space for server files
    Top notch Intel Xeon E5-2630v4 processor
    RAM will never be oversold!!! Since the machine is used for my network and trust me, I don't want my network to crash.
    Full FTP access - Multicraft that supports upload files up to 128MB (can be increased per request) (Tweaked especially for server owner needs)
    99.8% Uptime (I am willing to give money back if that requirement is not met)
    (Only downtime is usually every 10 days for 1 min - Regular updates and maintenance)
    Unlimited traffic on a 100Mbps line (can be increased free of charge to 1Gbps per request)

Private machine. Meaning you actually get to know what servers run on it and what is the average load. Also I will inform you about any upcoming restarts.

MySQL free of charge. Unlimited.

ALL server files get backed up safely to a seperate RAID 6 disk every morning at 6:30.

2 factor authentication per request, API key for your server access per request.

I can also help you install plugins and assist you in case of trouble. Since this is something I love to do.

#3 candr, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. latiku

Supporter

No.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. I know about trust in small hosting sites. But trust me, I am good at this.
    It's something I just love to do and I have been doing it for a long time now. Doing "trial and error" to perfect it on my private network that has been around for 3 years now.

Just like the 128MB cap - I always hated that hosts limited the Multicraft upload size to 2MB. Modern machines can handle much much more. So I increased it after testing if it puts too much load on the CPU. And the change serves me well.

5. Lol, the way you're just like No.

Advertisement is not allowed, only posting suggestions by links, noone will go with a "custom" host I'm sure..

6. Unsure if it's actual advertising or just trying to help. Anyway thanks for letting me know.

7. No problem :)
    I'm sure you're making "some" profit off it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Believe it or not - I generate absolutely no profit from sharing my machine with others. :)
    The cost I mentioned earlier is not nearly enough to cover the hosting costs.
    I do this because I love to do it. Not to make profit. :rolleyes: The cost is simply to help cover the machine cost and that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alright, that's sweet.
    Might want to do this on MC-Market then :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ok any more for under 2.50 a gb with discounts to utubers almost at 1k subs?

11. I can go as low as 2$ but that's about it. Since Multicraft panel is a paid software also.

12. Try nolag.host they only have servers in europe (us coming soon) its 1$/GB the support is the best i have ever had 24/7 live chat and if you don't like it you can always ask fro a refund within 24h.

they are using

Intel Core i7 920
    Intel Xeon E5-2630

They also got a new server so i dunno about the cpu there.

*UPDATE* The website went down lol but my servers and ftp access are working they are always updating so maybe thats why. they probably just got ddosed

#13 FreeKillGR, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  13. What if I want to get 5 gb with a discount how much will that be also if you give me more I can shout you out in a vid and say ur sponsoring me or something cause people are looking for a server hosting

14. 5 GB would be 10$ with this price. Let's say 9$ then. That can still be ok. Thats's really as low as I can go.

15. Can we talk on skype cause I'm making a modded server with a lot of mods gonna be a trollcraft series

16. Read above