1.17.1 Checking if user is premium

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Zen-kun, Jun 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone, so as the thread title says, I want to make a system that checks if a user is premium or not.
    I was for some months searching with a friend, how could we to this. We've found many fake things that of course couldn't work. Until I found a thread that tell us to use this specific Mojang API:

http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp?user=USERNAME&sessionId=SESSIONID&serverId=SERVERID

The thing is that I don't know what's sessionID and serverId, and of course, how to get them.

So please I need your help guys.

Thanks in advance!

2. sessionID is token thats gives to player when he logs into minecraft account, you cannot use it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Then how could I check if a player joined the server being premium? I found some threads telling that we could use that link that I gave...

4. Consider not using offline mode; you wouldn't have to check anything then because you already know all players are premium.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. We do not support offline servers. Pay the game, support the devs that keeps it updated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I already bought the game, but I prefer doing offline mode servers, just to let everyone join. So does someone know how to do what I want?

7. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

No. We do not support illegal activities here.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You put online mode to true

9. Sorry, but as I know, there's many offline-mode servers from any country that still working and with hundreds and thousands of users. Also there's many auth plugins (like FastLogin, AuthMe, etc...) that supports Premium Mode.

And you still telling me that making offline-mode servers are "illegal activities"?
    Also knowing that there's an old tweet of Notch, telling that he doesn't care if you use a Minecraft cracked version while you don't have money to buy the game...

And last thing I want to say, is that I made this thread to solve a problem about checking if a player is premium or cracked, and not if is an "illegal activity" to make offline-mode servers.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I fail to understand why "illegal" if notch himself said that for those who could not get the game to have it free, if it was already really illegal mojang would block sessions that are not authenticated. By the way I also have the game purchased.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Code (Text):
    max-tick-time=60000
    max-players=20
    use-native-transport=true
    online-mode=true
    enable-status=true
    allow-flight=false
    Where in Server.properties, online-mode is true. To not allow offline players to join

Attached Files:

13. Please, don't post for posting. This thread is about Spigot Plugin Development, I'm not here to learn how to toggle the online-mode...

And I will not make my servers online-mode just because you say that is an "illegal activity". As Atog_ said: "if it was already really illegal mojang would block sessions that are not authenticated"

And as I said before that: "I made this thread to solve a problem about checking if a player is premium or cracked, and not if is an "illegal activity" to make offline-mode servers."

And also, just to clarify, I don't even want to "learn" how to toggle the online-mode...

Last thing, for all users reading this post, please avoid to post useless things such as:
    - "Tutorials" on how to toggle the online-mode
    - Telling that offline-mode is an "illegal activity"
    - Also that offline-mode is not supported
    - Buy Minecraft
    And things like that

This forum section was made to help developers with some issues, not to talk about other things that doesn't have to do with the thread...

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. He/she is'nt saying that, that he/she is trying to say is I want to make a system that checks if a user is premium or not, not HOW TO PUT ONLINE MODE IN TRUE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. You could go though the Mojang API and with the UUID and check if there is a UUID with the username somehow if its premium.... make a plugin somehow.... NameMC does the same thing

16. That will only check if the username is premium or not. While any player can join an offline-mode server with a premium username withour being authenticated.

17. Make a plugin trying to use the Mojang API to check. if it goes to null could mean offline or cracked player. unless it comes back a UUID or name.

18. Your server itself wouldnt be illegal but youre still supporting illegal activities which is an offense.

notch never said that lmao the only way you can play online while being not authenticated is because we use it in dev mode for debugging stuff, not really on a server but more when coding like mcp and forge.

Doesn't work either, having a premium name doesnt mean that you are using the official version of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Yes, but for testing or a offline network or bungeecord we do that offline-mode works best.

20. Yeah bungeecord also needs offline mode, but that doesnt mean that notch said it was okay to use his game for free.... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.