Bukkit CHRON [Open Source] 1.5

Highly configurable CHRON jobs that support in-game and shell commands.

1. Miles submitted a new resource:

CHRON - Highly configurable CHRON jobs that support in-game and shell commands.

Read more about this resource...

2. This is exactly what I've been needing!

So it works great, totally as expected.

But the main request I have is if you could build this against 1.7.10? So on 1.8.3 it works great, but I get the following on 1.7.10:

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'chron' in plugin CHRON v1.2
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:181) ~[spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:767) ~[spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:753) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.aB(DedicatedServer.java:326) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:290) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:584) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:490) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/md_5/bungee/api/ChatColor
    at net.miblue.chron.Chron.onCommand(Chron.java:74) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[spigot-1.7.10.jar:git-Spigot-1571]

The error itself is a minor issue (the 1.8 color test support in console that 1.7.10 lacks), but the main thing is that it breaks the command from continuing.

I believe this is the one thing that keeps it from working in 1.7.10 Spigot, and 1.7.10 Cauldron.

#3 brainy_smurf, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  3. Can you use the command in-game? The scope of that error shouldn't be that large. It's likely that CHRON will still work, as command interface is much more of an auxiliary feature than one that is required to operate the plugin.

Try making a CHRON job and seeing if it works in 1.7.10.

4. Ok, I think it's fine...it was just me!
    (I'm thinking the error threw me off and made me miss some problems on my end.)

Appreciate the plugin!

5. Another question here. Does this plugin support redirects in the command line?

For example, when I try doing this:

- g:say Test started
    - s:echo hi > TEST1.txt
    - s:ls > TEST2.txt

No file is produced. So I have no problem copying files, and making directories, etc., but I'm wondering if I'm correct is stating it doesn't support doing redirects. If so, is this a feature that might be added in the future, or is this a bit too much to ask far?

And to put things into context, I'm actually trying to use the 'sed' command to replace some text in another plugin's config file, but after much testing it looks like it boils down to the redirect aspect of it not working.

6. Yes, this is completely possible. What is likely happening is that the server does not have the required permissions. Java is really strict about shell access. Try chmod'ing the server jar.

7. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but doing this on my test server on my Linux box with an admin account, I definitely can't get it to work through the plugin. Even tried launching the server jar w/ sudo.

In terms of the hosted minecraft server I use (with multi craft), yeah I have full access to the server jar (it's one I supplied even, not one from the hosting company), and full access to file permissions. And to be clear, everything acts the same whether it's on my own *nix box, or through the hosting provider.

So as far as the redirect ability.... just something to consider, maybe this'd make a nice Premium feature?

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something dumb, and I can definitely craft a solution to my problem in a more roundabout way.

Still loving the plugin!

8. Try running chmod a+x <server jar>