Spigot ChunkRetard 0.1.4.3

Slow and rearrange chunks on their way to clients

1. Wizel603 submitted a new resource:

ChunkRetard - Slow and rearrange chunks on their way to clients

Read more about this resource...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You might want to rename this, it could offend quite a few people...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. I don't know why the name is offensive. It is retarding the rate at which chunks are sent from the server.

This looks like a very interesting plugin that could help a lot of home-hosters.

4. kill_da_trolls

Supporter

The name is quite - creative, but I can't think of an actual use case for this. Can you enlighten me?

5. Yeah but some people won't see that part of it and could easily be offended.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Theres one in the description:

7. I think you could just tell by the name that some people could take this the wrong way, there's a variety of names you could use for this that wouldn't be considered wrong. Don't mean to be pushy by the way.

It's just a little suggestion from @Komp, I have to agree with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JamesJ

Supporter

Nice idea!
    The names....different though. :p

9. Has anyone tried this? See any difference in server performance?

10. This is the best name I have seen any plugin ever have. I love it.

11. WFloydBoy

Supporter

The name suits the plugin's purpose if we are going off the actual definition of retard and not any type of urban dictionary definition. Anyway, the plugin looks good and if my server had the problems you explained in the description, I would use this.

12. @Nikolaous Haha Spigot is my home bruh. Here looking to see if anyone has used this before :p

13. I created a quick test server with Spigot build #1624 and 2 plugins (ChunkRetard 0.1.4 & ProtocolLib ProtocolLib 3.4.0 (latest)) and it seems like the plugin can't load, are I'm doing something wrong?
    Code (Text):

[21:40:40] [Server thread/INFO]: Set PluginClassLoader as parallel capable
    [21:40:40] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/ChunkRetard.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/comphenix/protocol/events/PacketListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:329) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:251) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:369) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:152) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/comphenix/protocol/events/PacketListener
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:340) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:64) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:129) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.comphenix.protocol.events.PacketListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:101) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:340) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:64) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:129) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1624]
        ... 6 more
    [21:40:40] [Server thread/INFO]: [ProtocolLib] Loading ProtocolLib v3.4.0
    [21:40:40] [Server thread/WARN]: [ProtocolLib] Version (MC: 1.7.10) has not yet been tested! Proceed with caution.
    [21:40:40] [Server thread/INFO]: [ProtocolLib] Enabling ProtocolLib v3.4.0

Any suggestions?

14. Wizel603 updated ChunkRetard with a new update entry:

fixed typo in plugin.yml

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. I had a typo in the plugin.yml file in the jar that was preventing the server from knowing that ProtocolLib needed to be loaded first. So my plugin in some situations could go to load and find itself without a required component. I've uploaded version 0.1.4.3 that corrects this. Give that a try and see if it loads.

16. Would this work on a 1.6.4 server, or are 1.7 specific features used?

17. I briefly tested it in 1.6.4 and it appeared to work fine. Most of my testing during development was done using more recent server versions, but it doesn't use anything specific to newer versions so it should be fine for 1.6.4 or even earlier.