Spigot CitizensBooks | Join book, books on items & more! 2.6.7

Set custom books for everything!

1. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks with a new update entry:

1.17 support

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks with a new update entry:

Big update (* Json books *) and NMS recodding

3. Is there a way to set action in Quests plugin, similar to open-book: "hello_world" but that would make open the book my NPCs are set to? Do I really have to create actions separately for each different book?

4. Create a filter for that book.
    Unfortunately yes. Each open-book action opens only one book at the time.
    However I'm allways open to suggestions.

5. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks with a new update entry:

Database update!

6. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks | Join book, books on items & more! with a new update entry:

Database update!

7. This plugin, if I got this right, doesn't only offer books when you click an NPC but also let you have a welcome book (and first time book?) that players see when they join? This is not a physical book, or atleast doesn't have to be, right?
    I used this like ages and ages ago so don't quite remember. But it's possible to hold a book and make it the book to show on join? If so, that means I can actually export books this way? Hold book, make it a join-book, go to config and copy the text for joinbook into a new book, redo for next book? Or is there already a way to export books into yml or txt or whatever it uses?

Sorry, but there doesn't seem to exist any book plugin anymore that let you export books into textfiles anymore. All the good ones are way outdated and all new ones want you to write the books in the config or yml files and I am terrible att figuring out how that will make the book actually look ingame so I am in need of a way to be able to actually write the books ingame and then exoort them (and then I can colourand link and so in the config/yml.). I really miss having the options from older plugins like bookswithoutborders where you could write a book ingame and then save it in yml-form on the server to send players (or sell ingame etc). Been looking like hell for a plugin like this and if this one can export just one book it would save me. ;)

8. At the moment is only a first time book (everytime you reset it) or a welcome book (based on a setting in config).
    The appropriate command would be "/npcbook setjoin", while you are holding a written book in hand.
    The way Minecraft allows it be. Players does have to hold a book in hand in order to open it. This plugin puts a book in the hand of the player, opens it, then the book disappears. If the player was holding an item in hand, the item will be saved and put back in the hand after the book was opened.
    Nope. This plugin doesn't do that.
    However it could do something like that.
    It is possible. Join book is located in a file called join_book.json.
    However this plugin allows custom books to be saved in what I'm calling "filters".
    See command "/npcbook filter" for that.
    Filter books are saved inside the "/filters/" folders, with the same json format.
    You can save the written books to filters!
    You can "broadcast" filter books to players using "/npcbook forceopen" command!

Man... I really need to have a wiki created as fast as possible...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Yes. You really do! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway. If the books can be saved in the filters folder then your plugin does something no other book plugin seem to be able to do nowadays.
    ;)

10. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks | Join book, books on items & more! with a new update entry:

More SQLite / MySQL support!

11. NicoNeko updated CitizensBooks | Join book, books on items & more! with a new update entry:

More SQLite / MySQL support! (reup)