clear entities from unloaded map

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by PhanaticD, Mar 1, 2013.

1. PhanaticD

Patron

Hi I was wondering if there is a way to remove all animals and mobs from an entire server map.

so far I use clearlagg, but that only removes from loaded chunks, which is no good for my purpose

the closest thing I believe that would work is mcedit, but I have never tried it as downloading my map from my server to my computer to use mcedit would take hours and thats not the kind of downtime I want just to remove all animals

2. prplz

Supporter

I would also be interested in this.

Edit: I guess you could make a program to load only entities, remove the unwanted ones and save the chunks. I don't know if it's really possible or safe on a running server.

3. some of the region fixers can do this.

but your players will hate this...

Use the Entity Activation Range feature in the newest Spigot builds then entities can be left alone

4. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible unless you want to use a program to spend hours loading your map and cleaning it of mobs. Why do you want to do this? Do you have some chunk that crashes the server when it is loaded?

5. As Aikar said, you can easily do this with the region fixer.

6. PhanaticD

Patron

what is "the region fixer"? anyone have a link

7. PhanaticD

Patron

i dont want to delete chunks...

8. Sorry, that will delete/remove entities in chunks with too many of them (you can set the limit with another parameter)

9. PhanaticD

Patron

okay thank you :)

10. with --entity-limit 0 it should remove them all

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Be sure to backup.

• Like Like x 1
  12. --entity-limit has to be at least 1 AND it will delete all your paintings and item frames.

• Like Like x 1