1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Clients being able to MASSIVLEY spam the server

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by joehot200, May 11, 2013.

1. joehot200

Supporter

Somehow found a bug. A person was someone spamming at least 100 messages a second - enough to quite lag the server. My AntiAd plugin blocked all the advertisments he did, however the problem was the player was not kicked and the message was still being processed, i banned the player and everything was fine.

I then went on a test account and used nodus to spam the server. I was almost instantly kicked.

How is it bypassing this? why isnt spigot kicking them? can it be solved?

2. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Not likely a Spigot issue. Have you tried using NoCheat+ ?

3. joehot200

Supporter

Spigot has a built-in anti-spam. I however have not, i will go and get NC+ now.

4. joehot200

Supporter

o_O They are joining with ChatColor.MAGIC names now??? How is that possible o_O

5. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Just go and get yourself NoCheat+ and config' it so that you can put a check on chat frequency as well as the consequences of spamming.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Don't have a shitty cracked server, problem fixed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. joehot200

Supporter

It was a premium server and a premium account that spammed me.

Problem not solved. Thank you for adding once again nothing to the discussion.

8. It seems like every topic you make is a complain and everything you complain about can be fixed by having a premium server.

If you have don't have anything useful to add on this community, don't post at all. And please, don't lie.

• Old Old x 1
  9. Sway

Artist Supporter

joehot200 Use this
    This is not a bug with spigot. I recommend you do a little bit more research before posting bug reports.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Sway

Artist Supporter

It's a bug with the plugin you chose to use on your server. You should contact the developer.

• Informative Informative x 1