Spigot CloseCombat 3.1.2

Close your inventory, chat etc. upon taking damage. Permissions!

1. floory565

floory565 submitted a new resource:

CloseCombat - An ultra lightweight plugin that closes your inventory, chat etc. upon taking damage.

Read more about this resource...

2. I thought spigot closed inventory on movement or am I wrong?

3. floory565

Unfortunately not - that was only a suggestion which was directed into making a plugin. I have tested that theory out myself on my server. Upon realising that the feature was not implemented, I created this plugin.

4. This is a pretty awesome concept.
    Just a question, if a person is crafting something (items already put in the crafting table), does the items get put back into the inventory or do they just drop?
    Also Permissions would be cool as well.

5. floory565

Hey!
    In regards to the crafting scenario: I actually don't know! Theoretically, the items should drop onto the ground. I will, however, test this feature out and give you a solid answer :)
    In regards to permissions: Sure! I will push an update within the hour!

6. floory565

7. joehot200

Supporter

Can't they just reopen it instantly, making this plugin 100% useless? Also why not close it on move instead of on damage?

8. Awesome! Maybe for the items that drop on the ground, you could add a Permission which allows the player not to drop the item and just puts it back into the first available slots. Also a warning message after they get hit. So they know that it wasn't server lag or something which made them shut down.

Edit: Just saw that the message thing is on your To Do List. Lel P:

9. floory565

Well, when a player loses health again, their inventory/GUI will close again. And I don't want it to close on movement, because there are a couple of scenarios where this plugin would make gameplay a pain (for example, your in the middle of the ocean and you need to open your inventory - no health is being lost, but you are sinking).
    I will try to implement the permission, and I will implement a message. Thanks for the suggestions!

10. joehot200

Supporter

Yes, but your plugin does not block things like AutoSoup, because between hits, the mod can open the inventory and move the soup, before the inventory is closed again.

11. floory565

I know it does not eliminate the possibility of autosoupers, but it does attempt to slow their efforts ;)

12. Hello, I just decided to try this plugin as it would be a helpful and tiny mechanic to better my server. I ran into this error on startup while using the most recent version of Spigot.

Code (Text):
    [22:30:03 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\CloseCombat (v2.0).jar' in folder 'plu
    gins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError
    : me/floory565/CloseCombat/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:133) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:336) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:258) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.ja
    va:369) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.jav
    a:152) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java
    :458) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:6
    28) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/floory565/CloseCombat/Main
    : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0
    _67]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_
    67]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:101) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:86) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.jav
    a:64) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:129) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
            ... 6 more

13. floory565

Hi! You have to upgrade your Java. Use the following two links to download the latest version of Java, and the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
    Java Download - https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    JRE Download - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

14. floory565

Ha, glad I could help!

15. Might be handy for my custom factions.. But this would be annoying af in kitpvp.

16. Maybe add a config to disable some of its features like closing chat when someone is trying to hit you. Or use separate perm nodes for every type of menu. It's a really good idea and I think you can improve this and make it quite a popular plugin.
    As of right now on my non-pvp server, it is impossible to type in chat if someone is constantly punching you with their fist, even though you don't take damage at all. So it makes thing hard when you're hanging out in a group with friends.

17. floory565

I will try to implement such features.

• Like Like x 1
  18. floory565

floory565 updated CloseCombat with a new update entry:

Major update

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. floory565