[Closed] Signing NDAs

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by xSinclare, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Should owners and senior staff be required to sign an NDA?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realized asking questions of this matter is against the SpigotMC rules. Please disregard.

Hello, all. I want the Spigot community's opinion on a matter I've been thinking about for a while now. As I've seen/heard a few server owners or senior people on some of these servers go out of their way to sell their users data or "leak" their users' data it has brought me to question how privacy and such should be dealt with. Owners and other senior staff members have access to things such as Buycraft and checking IPs. And this can be used for malicious intent. As I'm working on a new Factions server, I'm questioning if I should enforce an NDA so the privacy of users may be protected and individuals who would want to cause malicious intent can be held accountable for their attempt or success in certain actions.

I'm not sure if this is too far for a Minecraft server. But I do care about the privacy of users. And I don't want anyone, not even myself and the other owners, being able to just do something malicious with user data whether there's a motive of profit behind it or not. Feel free to share your thoughts below, it would be much appreciated.

#1 xSinclare, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. Pretty sure asking for Legal advice is not allowed here.

3. You're right. I'll just lock the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.