Cloudflare page rule problem.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by ThePROX0517, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't get pagerule to work. The domain royalmadness.world is for the minecraft server and when people type royalmadness.world on the browser, I want them to redirect them to my www A record. Any help please?
    upload_2017-6-5_1-0-57.png upload_2017-6-5_1-2-22.png

2. BGHDDevelopment

Benefactor

How long ago did you make the A record? It can take up to 72 hours to make the change

3. Last changes were made yesterday, but when I type in the url www.royalmadness.world it works, the problem is, when I type royalmadness.world it won't redirect me to www.royalmadness.world, I cleared my cache many times and made other people test it but it's the same issue. I also made a test on another domain mineplexes.com, in forwarding url page rule I put mineplexes.com to forward to Facebook.com just to test it out and it also doesn't work.

4. BGHDDevelopment

Benefactor

Set a A record without www

5. But then I will have 2 A records with different IP addresses, the one I covered in black is my home IP connection, the other one is the minecraft host.

6. BGHDDevelopment

Benefactor

For my IPs i have to setup one with www.(theurl).com and one just (url).com

7. Same here, if you saw the pictures I attached on my first post. But the a record without www directs people to my minecraft host apache and I want it to redirect to my www(url) website.

8. BGHDDevelopment

Benefactor

You would have to make it (something).(url).com for the mc server like (play.myserver.com)

It wont connect to a website and a server

9. cloudflare rules only work if cloudflare is proxying the web traffic.

in this specific case, you cant do what you want... as you cant proxy the root domain or else your MC server would then not work.

You need to run an http server on your MC server that does the redirect instead.

10. My bungee cord (minecraft server) is hosted in a public hosting service to protect my home connection from ddos attacks, so I don't own that machine. I've seen other servers run the minecraft server on the main domain and have a website run on that same domain. I just know it's possible.

11. BGHDDevelopment

Benefactor

I was told it was not possible but maby if there on diffrent records it might be

12. I am proxying www.royalmadness.world as you can see on the attachments above.

13. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

However, CloudFlare is not proxying the root domain (royalmadness.world) as it is pointing to your Minecraft server and thus does not go through CloudFlare servers when entered in the browser. Because of this, Page Rules will not affect the root domain.

Your current setup on CloudFlare won't work. Other servers are able to point their domain to both their site and server because the site and server are both hosted on the same machine. Thus, they are both under the same IP address.

14. I found a solution. Thank you all for trying to help!

15. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

You should share your solution for other members or visitors that may have had a similar problem to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.