college major

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by kimhan, Jun 6, 2019.

1. What was your major in college?

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

Waiting for the influx of "I never went to college" replies

3. I never went to college

4. I never went to college

5. I never went to college

6. With what German school type the college can be compared with?

7. I believe the answer you’re looking for is “I never went to college”

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I haven't gone to college yet *shrug*

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

college = hochschule
    community college = berufsschule
    thats the american definition, the british one is all over the place, its basically just schule I guess.

Breaking the trend (because I am that kind of guy), I finished my Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science earlier this year.

10. The trend was already broken so *shrug*

11. Hochschule ist the general term of university in Germany.
    Hochschule
    - Universität
    - Fachhochschule (also known as University of Applied (Sciences))

So college seems not to be the right translation?!

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

I know, that why I said hochschule and not universität. collage includes both, just like hochschule does.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. So after clearing things up I can say that I went and I'm going to a college. In special l: An university of applied sciences. I studied media computer sciences (Bachelor) and now I'm studying general computer sciences (Master).

14. Choco

I went to university for a bachelors in Software Engineering, a 4 year program, and planned on staying an additional year for my masters. Dropped out after completing my first year because I didn't enjoy school and felt I was better off teaching myself, didn't want to ever go back, managed to get picked up as an educator at another university. Funny how life comes full circle.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I haven’t been to college.

16. My current college major is art. In the future I want to be an artist. But college studying can be hard a bit, especially writing different kind of stuff like essays and papers. Plus I am not good at it. So sometimes got some help with it from others. For example, I found review with such services on Paidpaper and want try to use one of them.

#16 samui, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  17. Associate in Computer Science.
    Plan to get back and finish to get Bachelor degree, but may switch majors over to Electrical Engineering (still debating).