Color Pallete Suggestions

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by MineCove, May 31, 2015.

1. MineCove

Patron

Hey guys!

I'm setting up a Planetoids-like generated map for my players. I've attempted a few different combinations of color designs as seen by some examples here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was hoping that some of you would have suggestions for different color combinations for me to try out. For example, the first one in the above images is Magenta/Purple/Black. Ideally I'd like to avoid solid colors and anything more than three colored stained glass combinations. That said, if you believe a four colored stained glass combination would look neat I'll give it a shot. Finally black is a color I'd like to keep consistent with each.

I am limited to the speckled effect that you see in the images, so unfortunately I'll be unable to try out any ideas with stripes and the like.

Credit goes to @jflory7 @Jacc734 @Wood and @iffa for continuing this generator project under the name 'CrystalSpace'!

#1 MineCove, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Glad to see someone is using the plugin. :)
    Mr. Woodrow73 being @Wood and then the original developer, @iffa!

3. MineCove

Patron

Whoops thank you, updated with the proper credits

4. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

For the record, I really like the ideas with the purple and icy planets. You could create some really cool themed planets with those designs, like an ender planet and an ice fortress planet. Not sure what you're planning on doing with these, but you could probably create some more planet ideas just with common color pairings in Minecraft itself, like a variety of reds and blacks (e.g. clays and glass) for a Nether sort of theme, a white, gray, and black for the End, etc.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. MineCove

Patron

That's exactly what I'm shooting for! The exterior shell of the planets are all designated to be either 25/33% obsidian and the remaining 66/75% stained glass. The reason for this, as it'll be a survival like map, users must either find a path through the easily broken stained glass to obtain the core's wealth OR dig through the not so easily broken obsidian. So I'll be avoiding anything but stained glass and obsidian on the shell. Anyhow not only with notable MineCraft color schemes as you mentioned:

• 'Realism' planets using basic color pallets from our solar system. An 'Earth' like planet is green, blue, white while a 'Jupiter' like planet is red, orange, and yellow.
    • Cultural planets based on basic color pallets from significant events, mostly holidays. A pink, red, white planet is themed after Valentines day while a red and green planet is themed after Christmas. Also a rare 'Spigot' planet floating around - Orange, white, black.
    • A few Easter egg planets - Rainbow, silver and gold, black and white, etc.
    I was contemplating the potential of nation flag colors, since most flags use a simple pallete, but it might just be too goofy

Between shell and cores, there are currently 3,000 total combinations. Unfortunately stained clays are not supported so I'm limited to either colored wool or glass. Since wool takes significantly more time to dig through without shears, I'll be sticking with glass. Besides, I personally think the glass is more aesthetically pleasing :p

Thank you for your thoughts!

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

That sounds awesome! I'll have to check this out once you have it up. :)

• Like Like x 1