Coming back from player count declines?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by KerchooK, Aug 6, 2018.

1. When I launched my server, in the first day enough money was made to cover all expenses up until that point. Things were going extremely well. A week passed and there were a minimum of 10 players on at all times with a maximum of 50. I went away for a week, and to my surprise when I came back, the server was completely dead. It has been a week not and a total of 6 players have joined all of who never came back. I posted my server on just about every voting website out there and I bump it daily on planetminecraft. I am lucky if I ever see a player online. I tried contacting people to create Youtube videos on my server in order to boost player count, but I was unsuccessful in that I do not have a large advertising budget at the moment, and no one within my budget responded to any of my emails.

I have made sure to add the content that was lacking and should have been added in the first place to prevent such a thing ever from happening again. This post is not meant to be an advertisement, but if you would like more information to critique my server the ip address is play.zealous.tk

2. I haven't joined your server, but I think it's generally nice to offer an additional website with a live map and forums for players to connect outside of Minecraft, and a voice chat server such as Discord. It's all about the community.

3. Yes, these are all very good ideas, which I have already implemented.

4. Loads of big servers that I helped out with or played on are down to a handful of players. Despite their great efforts or community.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1