Spigot CommandAd 2.10

Monetise your server & reward your players (EULA safe)

1. MOTDgd submitted a new resource:

CommandAd - Monetise your Minecraft server with ads!

Read more about this resource...

2. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

Interesting way to try to get around the EULA. And actually practical! Lol nice plugin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The error you said that you know can be fixed easily. It is exactly as it says. Don't spawn an entity asynchronously. This makes me believe that many parts of your plugin are not thread safe. Why are you spawning an entity in a plugin like this anyways?

4. "The error you said that you know can be fixed easily. It is exactly as it says. Don't spawn an entity asynchronously. This makes me believe that many parts of your plugin are not thread safe. Why are you spawning an entity in a plugin like this anyways?"

Our hub to which the ad server connects is thread safe. Our plugin doesn't throw this message on the console at all with 1.7 versions (just 1.8 versions).

I am not technically minded myself, however, I do have a talented team of devs who say this could be fixed in the near future, so watch this space. If I get any more information I will post here (sorry for being vague).

5. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

6. Just because 1.7 doesn't have any safety checks does not mean that it is safe in 1.7 OR 1.8.

Again, why are you adding entities in a plugin like this anyways. These so called "experienced" developers should know what they are doing and fix it.

7. Hi

This has been fixed, we are releasing an update either today or tomorrow :)

Thanks
    Patrick

8. New version is out - all fixed :)

9. So I tested this out, and an ad never appeared (most likely because I had both Tracking Protection and ActiveX filtering enabled in Internet Explorer), but I was still dispensed a reward after the 30 seconds. I also saw absolutely no record of any ad viewed in my MOTDgd account. I made sure I was de-opped. I'm not sure if this can be replicated with adblock and the such...

10. Well, in the US it's like $5.00 USD right now for 1000 ad views... so probably not much. :/

11. Thanks for the feedback, if an ad never appeared then there would be no view recorded, as there wasn't an ad to display. It would be a request rather than a view. If you however, were at least shown a banner that would be recorded as a "non video" view.

Also stats are in "near-real time" which means they update every 20 minutes or so, rather than on the second.

Rewards are still given even if we don't show an ad because if there are a lack of ad campaigns in a users country it's not "their fault", so we try and be fair to all your players. As I say we at least try and show a non-video where a video isn't available.

If you let me know your user ID or create a support ticket I can give you a much more personalised answer.

Thanks
    Patrick

12. Just a note on that, the views don't have to be unique, so even though there are 200 players, the players could keep watching ads at their leisure, which over time could build a tidy/reasonable income. $5.00 CPM on video is far better than relying on chat ads or banner ads alone to fund server costs.

13. Two things:
    1) You might've distributed v1.1 instead of 1.1.1 in BukkitDev
    2) It continually spams the console with "Connected to the HUB" upon loading.

Here be the log:
    Code (Text):
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/WARN]: [AutoSaveWorld] Plugin MOTDgd_CommandAd attempted to establish connection http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/motdgd-commandad/files.rss in main server thread
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/WARN]: [AutoSaveWorld] Plugin MOTDgd_CommandAd attempted to establish connection socket://dev.bukkit.org:80 in main server thread
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [CommandAd] New version of CommandAd is available (1.1.1)
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [CommandAd] Download from: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/motdgd-commandad/files/35-command-ad-1-8-4-1-8-5-1-8-6-1-8-7-zip-inc-dependencies/
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: Connecting to HUB
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [0;31;22m[0;32;22mWelcome to Mini Fortress! If you would like to help out the server, please watch an ad, free of charge. (And get a free jetpack!)[m
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [MultiInv] Enabling MultiInv v3.3.5
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [MultiInv] MC 1.3 or above found, enabling version 2 XP handling.
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [PrimeShop] Enabling PrimeShop v1.0.7
    [02:57:35] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PrimeShop] Citizens 2.0 not found or not enabled.  NPCs will not be supported
    [02:57:36] [EventThread/INFO]: Connected to the HUB
    [02:57:36] [Server thread/INFO]: [WorldEdit] Enabling WorldEdit v6.1;no_git_id
    [02:57:36] [Server thread/INFO]: WEPIF: Using the Bukkit Permissions API.
    [02:57:37] [EventThread/INFO]: Connected to the HUB
    [02:57:37] [EventThread/INFO]: Connected to the HUB

14. Could you make the config some less difficult? It's really hard to find with does what exactly

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The configuration seems extremely unorganized, and needs to be dummed-down

16. Idk why people are complaining about the config, I think they're just frightened by the massive amounts of comments (for a config file).