commandSender.sendMessage Messages not logged in Server.log

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by dirtrunner, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Hello,
    since the update to 1.17 Messages send from Plugin (with commandSender.sendMessage) are only shown in the Ingame chat but not in the server log (or console).
    With Spigot 1.16.5 every message send from a plugin via commandSender.sendMessage shows up in the ingame chat and in the console, and therefore in the log.
    Am i the only one having theses problems?

Best regards,
    Dirtrunner

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

It's definitely not default behaviour every message shows in the console. This would be incredibly spammy as you would see every message sent to every player. You must've had a plugin logging this (why?).

3. Thanks for your reply :)
    I think i found the problem/ what i misunderstood. Only the automated backups from https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/serverrestorer.48853/ get stored in the log because it is a task thats running the backup (not the user/player). Therefore the output of commandSender.sendMessage must be shown in the console. If a user triggers the backup the message will only be shown to him.
    Did i got that right?
    So there is no difference between 1.16.5 and 1.17. It just misinterpreted it i think.