Compile Project

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by bewildered, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Hello Everyone,

I have some source files for a plugin my friend made me a while back. I am no developer so can someone compile the source files into a .jar file so I can run it on my server?

If you can just PM me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Bewildered_

2. You'll need Eclipse installed on your PC.
    Watch this video for more information:

3. You don't need to go through the effort of installing an IDE if you don't want to. For most projects (if it has a pom.xml file), as long as you have Maven 2 or 3 installed and JDK 7/8, you can just download a .zip of the repository, extract and compile it. Just cd into the extracted directory with a command prompt or terminal and run mvn package.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I dont have my files on a GitHub, I have them on my computer. Can I compile a project through IDE without GitHub?

5. You're just downloading the package through Github but I'm not entirely sure if it would compile without a valid pom.xml.

6. I have a pom.xml in my folder

7. Lol i am so clueless

8. If you do, it should work.

9. So instead of putting a link in IDE I just select the folder?

10. I guess. I'm not much experienced in this so sorry ;)

11. You want to run mvn package, like I said, otherwise you won't have a resulting artifact (jar file).

12. mvn install will run package, since its later in the build. It also runs integration tests and installs the artifact in the local repository. Either one will produce a jar, but i've always used install.