Solved ConfigManager cannot be resolved to a type

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by PartyMC, Mar 10, 2020.

1. I'm currently working on getting my on custom configuration files working. In the video I was watching (Which you can find here) it shows I should use ConfigManager. But when I try to use ConfigManager, I get the error saying it cannot be resolved to a type. I also can't import it. Does anyone what I should use or how I could fix this?

2. You'll have to write your own ConfigManager class. It is not a class from any dependency, so it cannot be imported.
    If you did indeed create such a class, make sure that your classes belong to a package and that ConfigManager is a public class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Could you give me an example? Im fairly new to coding, and dont really understand how I should do what you said exactly.

4. Follow the tutorial you linked? He creates his own class called ConfigManager. You must do the same.

5. I think I've got it working, I was indeed stupid, not getting that ConfigManager was about his filename. Im coming back to it later, since I have to go now, but I think I have it working!

• Friendly Friendly x 1