Configuration for Rasperry Pi

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by jurth, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hey Everbody

I am trying to setup my Raspberry Pi (512MB version) as a small Minecraft server for up to 4 players. However I have some problems with getting playable performance. I have followed the guide here:
    http://picraftbukkit.webs.com/pi-minecraft-server-how-to
    I get different issues when I join the server, blocks not dropping, chat not working and getting kicked off with a connection error. I have tried both 1.6.4 and 1.7, with and without any plugins, but I have problems in every configuration.
    Do any of you have a playable setup with a Raspberry Pi server?, and would you like to share your configuration and settings?

/Jonas

2. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Just an extra tip, disable save-structure-info in your spigot.yml, drop the view distance in your spigot.yml, lower the mob activation ranges and lower the chunks per tick if the previous do nothing and you should be alright.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I'm also want a server on a raspberry pi model b.
    try the tutorial from how-to-geek.

4. externo6

Supporter

Are you using your pi with the stock CPU speed? Have you tired over clocking it?

(Please before you overclock your pi you understand the risks of over clocking it, such as causing damage to components. )

• Agree Agree x 1