Connecting takes very long

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by basdv98, May 28, 2016.

1. I have a problem that when I connect to a Spigot 1.9.4 server (my server), connecting takes very long, but when my brother does, he just instantly joins.
    I know someone else with a server, and with his server, everyone has the connecting issue, also my brother
    Can anyone help me with this?

(Both servers are hosted at the same location and provider)

2. @basdv98
    It's probably just your connection going to YOUR computer or your internet isn't as fast on your computer than on your brothers.

3. We did a speedtest, same results. Also, we are in the same house on the same switch..

4. A speedtest only tests your actually connection from your ISP to your home. The connection on your computer doesn't get tested. So, in reality it could be your computer internet connection.

5. Unless you're performing a speedtest from your router/modem, you are testing the connection speed between your computer and an external server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know what I'm doing, believe me, that's not the issue. Read my full issue before replying

7. Also, I just set up an iptables tcp proxy, redirecting incoming traffic on port 25565 to my minecraft server, when I connect through the proxy, it works fine, when I directly connect, it doesn't work.

8. Are you using different computers? Do you have the same mods of any at all? Your connection might actually be the same. A lot of times is is actually a matter of the world loading.

But some computers have ssd some have hdd and different everything. Yours might just be slower loading the world not the connection.

Where did you get that from... Maube If you are using Ethernet that is true, but it checks it for that computer only I don't know where you got that from. For example on my phone I run a speed test next to my router, then I do it in front of a on microwave... You will get way different results.