Connection Error from Taiwan to US

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by tylertitties, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Hey all, have a server hosted through a server hosting website. I have successfully gotten all of my friends on the server with no issues, however my one friend is trying to join from Taiwan and is receiving the error: java.net.socketexception connection reset. Her player model loads in the world for 10 seconds or so then will disconnect with that error.

I wanted to know if this is an error on the server side of things, or on the client side. I have looked in the server properties to see if I could find anything useful but couldn't really find much. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I can also provide any info needed for troubleshooting. Thanks in advance!

2. Usually this message means that your client is writing to a closed socket. Some common causes are firewalls or anti-virus(assuming you are using windows as your server host).

However I did bump into a discussion about some seemingly common issue with 1.17 realms on reddit. 1.17 Connection reset issues? : Minecraft (reddit.com). Not sure whether your server is a realm, but if it is you can check on this reddit thread.

3. I see, I’ll have them try the dns flush that’s listed in that reddit thread when they get up. Thank you!