Spigot Console Spam Fix 1.8.6

[1.7.10 - 1.16.5] Hide configured messages or errors from server console and logs.

1. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Spigot 1.16.2 (corrected)
    ConsoleSpamFix 1.8.3

Does not seem to block console spam on start-up. There are lots of formerly-blocked entries. Please review.

#241 SlimeDog, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

corrected.

3. Startup messages are probably not covered since the plugin is not fully enabled yet.

There are issues on paper? like messages not hidden?

As for bungee, it will only hide bungee console stuff

4. Aand yes, I know it only hides messages from bungee, but still think it would be nice, because there's some messages in bungee console that could be hidden too. But if it works like we don't need it on sub servers, it also would be great, but not needed. Normal bungee version to hide just bungee console stuff will be ok.

And could you please reply me, why I can't hide some of mentioned messages? If you have idea what to use there instead of what I use now?

5. I have tested this on Paper for v1.16.2 and not had any issues with it failing to hide messages.

I recognize about half of those messages you're trying to block as several are ones I had hoped to block too, but they're all sent before the plugin loads so there's not anything that can be done about that it seems.

6. But some of them are sent when plugin is already loaded. And would be nice if there will be added requested features from this thread.

7. Hi! does this work for bungee proxy console too?

8. is there a way to make the messages be hidden from console, but not from the log file?

9. So, my console is telling me Bukkit is mad at the /clone command being used by command blocks, which I have on a repeating timer to clone dispensers that shoot custom splash potions at stuff.

I installed this plugin since it was linked as a fix to the console spam, since the action itself is completely fine and it is not a bug, but a feature of Bukkit, apparently.

I added the phrases I wanted blocked from console, reloaded the config, but it still continues. I have tried pasting the whole entire error message into the filter, but it doesn't seem to care. I'm using Paper 1.16.3. It thinks my dispensers are barrier blocks, and won't stop telling me that.

EDIT: well, uh, I tried some simpler phrases from the error message and now it works. Thanks, great plugin, don't worry about me anymore, lol.

#250 Ondolma, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  10. Hi, im trying to hide:

>.... [13:02:44 WARN]: Exception in thread "Craft Scheduler Thread - 94667" org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException: Plugin UltraModeration v1.0-SNAPSHOT generated an exception while executing task 1631444
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(SourceFile:57)
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: at org.github.paperspigot.ServerSchedulerReportingWrapper.run(SourceFile:22)
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    >.... [13:02:44 WARN]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

and

>.... [13:06:37 ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerFishEvent to Quests v2.2
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BITE
    at com.leonardobishop.quests.quests.tasktypes.types.FishingTaskType.onFishCaught(FishingTaskType.java:39) ~[?:?]
    at spg.lgdev.events.executor.asm.generated.GeneratedEventExecutor965.execute(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.EventExecutor.lambda$create$1(EventExecutor.java:68) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:78) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:570) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:549) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.ItemFishingRod.a(SourceFile:23) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.ItemStack.a(SourceFile:241) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerInteractManager.useItem(SourceFile:372) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(SourceFile:764) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInBlockPlace.a(SourceFile:55) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInBlockPlace.a(SourceFile:7) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils.lambda$ensureMainThread$0(SourceFile:14) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at spg.lgdev.thread.TimingCallable.call(SourceFile:24) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SystemUtils.java:10) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.tickWorlds(SourceFile:826) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.tickWorlds(SourceFile:356) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.tickServer(SourceFile:767) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:646) ~[ispigot.jar:git-iSpigot-PaperEdition]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_262]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_262]

(the number of thread... change
    i try every thing, it dont work, can you help me ?

11. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

ConsoleSpamFix isn't really designed to remove multiline ERROR/WARN messages. Several possible courses of action come to mind (more-or-less in order):
    • Upgrade your server. 1.8.x, really? In the best case, it is five years old. We're on 1.16.4 now.
    • Update the plugins.
      • Quests 4.0.0 is the current version.
      • UltraModeration released v1.2 two years ago.
    • Ask the developers of the indicated plugins to fix the errors. Neither of them might be inclined to fix errors related to 1.8.x. But both developers are active, so you can always ask.
    • Configure to remove each line, ignoring the changing bits. That would work, but a major pain.

#253 SlimeDog, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  12. 1 - all my server is in 1.8, its pvp server, i dont want to up in 1.16.4
    2 - Quests, i like the actual version, you cant fix the problem with this plugin ?
    3 - Ultramoderation isnt a public plugin, its MY plugin, maybe the same name but its not a public plugin

anyways, consolespam fix is not able to fix the problem ?

13. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

If you insist on running ancient software, you get what you get. There are plenty of plugins that offer ancient PvP on modern platforms.

Since it's your plugin, you should be able to fix the NPE yourself.

As noted above:
    ConsoleSpamFix isn't really designed to remove multiline ERROR/WARN messages.
    • Configure to remove each line, ignoring the changing bits. That would work, but a major pain.

14. but im not asking how i have to configure my server, im asking help to make the plugin work, if you cant fix it, this plugin is useless..

15. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

The plugin does what it is designed to do. It doesn't magically fix errors in other plugins.

16. im not asking to fix errors, but avoid SPAM in my console "consolespamfix"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

As was suggested in response to your first request, remove each individual line. You just have to elide the changing parts. You can do it, probably. I am not going to verify that it works on 1.8 (and I am not the dev, just someone trying to help you).