Convert oceans into new format?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Haudomah-Abdah, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hi Guys,

with the new ocean structure coming in in 1.13- is there any plugin or other way that we can convert old worlds to have the same ocean floors?

While we are at it: since my world was generated using 1.2- is there any way to add diorite, andesite and such into the ground?

Thanks for your feedback!
  2. The first thing that comes to mind is //regen from world edit. Try it and see with a copy of the Map.
  3. What happens to the chunks with changed things in them, like .. I've broke 5 blocks, or put a house there?
  4. IDK, this would all be experimental as with any Regen from 1.12 >> 1.13.
  5. Strahan

It would get reverted back to clear land, so no, you wouldn't want to //regen where the land has been developed already.
  6. That's what I thought, .. okay.
  7. Also, doesnt the generation seed change over versions? Meaning 65465135654354684 could mean an entirely different chunk if i // regen?
  8. If you change seed, any newly created chunk will respect that seed. at any time when the chunk is loaded for the first time.

they're unique: don't change them..
  9. 1.2? Really? Don't do a regen. The world generator has changed since then and you'll be generating something completely different from what you have.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jep- 1.2... thats how old it is. (I think July 2012)

I have been able to add new features like ocean monuments and the seed borders have been heavily modified. But other than bringing in coral and fish from another world I dont see myself getting the features from 1.13....
  11. I've added ocean monuments to my 1.7-generated map on my 1.8.8 server. I even created an Excel spreadsheet calculator to help. You give it the center point of the monument as report by Amidst, and it calculates:
    • The monument ID in the Monument.dat file, so you can delete the entry from the file
    • The region file name
    • The chunk coordinates of the 25 chunks which need to be deleted from the region file
    • The block coordinate limits so you can check that nothing important will be deleted