1.15.2 Converting data storage type

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by NeonDesign, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Greetings,

I've been trying to revive an old plugin under the name of FootCube and the more I work on it more issues I find. I can't seem to figure out how to solve them without tinkering around for hours and making some quick fixes that just hide the issue under the rug.

This plugin uses it's own Stats class to manage player statistics and later use it in stats & leaderboard.
    I've noticed that this way of managing player statistics is poor and can cause a lot of issues (ex. sometimes player gets 500 wins instead of 1, god knows why).

Anyways, I'm new to java and only have basic knowledge with it, I'd like to learn how to convert this plugins storage to YAML. I'd like someone to take a look at the current state of the plugin and guide me to fix and improve it.

Repo: https://github.com/Neeonn/Fudbal/.
    Thank you all in advance.

2. If you're new to Java, I would not recommend tinkering around with someone else's code - much less, updating it. However, if you're looking to take on a challenge, here's what I reckon: all the handling of the data is done through methods in the Stats class, simply recreate those methods with updated code. A good starting point would be looking at this this thread about Spigot configurations.

3. Thank you, I will check that out.
    I've already asked other developers and a lot of them refused to work on that plugin as it's too old and funky, I really like how it works and want to make something out of it and fix what is wrong, that's why I will take on this challenge.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The plugin itself is loosely built, but there is some structure behind it. I'd like to remind you, physics and math scare away developers. If this is passion project of yours, I don't doubt you will be able to figure it out.

• Useful Useful x 1