Solved Could use a fresh pair of eyes

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Kozs, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Been up for like 20 hours (very sick) but I got work to do.

I am trying to create my own custom prefix placeholder for my server, for some reason the MVdWPlaceholderAPI doesn't seem to update the placeholder that I have registered

Do I need an actual premium plugin for the API to work?

I do get this MSG each time I type a CMD

Code (Text):

[12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] There is no MVdW placeholder plugin installed!
    [12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] Put one of Maximvdw's premium placeholder plugins in the server!
    Not sure if thats just a selling gimmick or something

In my console I have this

[12:30:53 INFO]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] Core added custom placeholder {coretag}

Code (Text):

if (Bukkit.getPluginManager().isPluginEnabled("MVdWPlaceholderAPI")) {
                // The plugin is enabled
                PlaceholderAPI.registerPlaceholder(Core.plugin, "coretag", new PlaceholderReplacer() {
                    @Override
                    public String onPlaceholderReplace(PlaceholderReplaceEvent event) {
                        return "Tester";
                    }
                });
            }
    So this should be registering the custom placeholder..

(I'm used to Clips PlaceholderAPI)

I created a quick command to test my placeholder and it seems to not want to update the {coretag} which I would expect to output "Tester" rather than Coretag
    player.sendMessage(PlaceholderAPI.replacePlaceholders(player, "Tag = {coretag} "));

[​IMG]

Probably just being dumb, missing something. Let me know guys! Much appreciated

Ya friendly friend,
    - Kozs

#1 Kozs, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  2. U dont have any mvdw premium plugins
    So u cant use mvdwpapi placeholders..
    Literally as the error said u need at least one mvdw premium plugin to use mvdwpapi placeholders

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. 'Literally' it doesn't say that. Just says

[12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] There is no MVdW placeholder plugin installed!
    [12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] Put one of Maximvdw's premium placeholder plugins in the server!

I assumed it was just for the average player
    but good to know. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HUH? It literally DOES say that
    ""[12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] Put one of Maximvdw's premium placeholder plugins in the server!"" <--- Right there!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah I see that. It doesn't say ""[12:35:03 WARN]: [MVdWPlaceholderAPI] Put one of Maximvdw's premium placeholder plugins in the server for this plugin to work!"

Not sure if his target is the consumer (considering hes looking for purchases) rather than a developer (whose just trying to use a few methods in his plugin)

Big difference.

You think too small; not my problem.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.