Couple of questions regarding bungeecord plugins

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Development' started by craterhater, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hey,

I want to get into bungeecord development and I got a couple of questions:

1. Say I want to listen for a specific event on all servers, can I just make a bungeecord plugin and use the @EventHandler?
    2. How can I setup a bungeecord testing server?
    3. Can a Bukkit plugin depend on a bungeecord plugin?
    4. What exactly is the difference between a Bukkit plugin and a bungeecord plugin?

These may be very basic but they confuse me a lot.

Thanks!

2. Hi, so for the first yes, you can use the eventhandler event. You should know that bukkit / spigot and something very different from bungeecord so no spigot plugin to my knowledge does not depend on a bungeecord plugin. The bungeecord plugin is a system for having functionality on all servers as if all of your servers were linked. For example on my bungeecord my automessage sends a message to all the servers at the same time or when I forbid a player to ban it on all the servers. After the bungeecord plugins are more limited in functionality, they are often message, chat, sanction, security plugins if you want for example to have a tablist which gathers all the actors of each server. Thus, its allows something more stable because the resources are taken from the bungeecord and not from the server where there are the players. Voila if your other questions do not hesitate I am the founder of a server that uses bungeecord evaluates my messages: D

3. You can make spigot plugin depend on bungeecord plugin, you just need some work with the plugin messaging channel.