CPU Spikes (1.6.4)

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by HimselfXD, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Hello I run a small minecraft server on a windows server 2008 dedicated server machine. The server has very few plugins and normally runs extremely smooth. The server started spiking join players on my server. To the best of my knowledge no one has messed with the server files for at least a few weeks.

Server Specs:
    XEON E3-1245 V2 (4cores 8threads/3.4ghz per thread)
    8GB ddr3 ram
    Sata Standard Hardrives
    800mbps down / 100mbps up

Timings:
    http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=6406095

Plugins:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

#1 HimselfXD, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. Have you tried running your server on an actual dedicated sever that isn't windows?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. What does it being on windows have to do with it? I have ran a minecraft server on windows for 5months with no problems at all. Also this IS a DEDICATED SERVER I am renting it from a datacenter so you obviously do not know what you are talking about when it comes to my dedi. I am aware that linux is the better OS for hosting BUT I need windows for a certain game that will be coming out this year the servers will only support windows.(indie game)

#3 HimselfXD, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mikgreg

Supporter

Windows is a crappy server OS

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Windows is actually very nice it's a bit of a resource hog but it runs game servers and websites with no problems. Can someone please post something of substance instead of commenting on the OS?

Stop fanboying Linux please.

6. I would suggest buying a small server, dedicated or shared hosting (I hate shared but it may be good for you).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I'm not looking for hosting suggestions I am happy with my host...

8. Bump...
    Can someone give me some advice on how to fix this?

9. Stop using windows maybe. Windows could be causing the spikes and not your server.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. You should try out linux... Windows uses lots of resource.

11. Disable Save-Structure-Info...

12. Windows server isn't as bad as consumer versions of Windows, aka Win7/8