CPU Usage 100%

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by GRDGYYR, May 28, 2017.

1. Lately I have this problem about my servers cpu usage. Everytime an Oped player chats, the cpu usage increases about 10 - 20 %. If that player spams in chat for 3 - 4 times CPU usage goes up to 100 %. I need to restart my server a couple of times for it to go back to normal. It seems strange and I cant track down which is causing this problem. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks in advanced.

Timings: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=kutabepawo
    Spigot Version: git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8 (MC: 1.11.2) 1.11.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT

Plugin list: Plugins (84): LetterHeads, PlaceholderAPI, MythicLib, NametagEdit, TreeFix, Realistic_World, ToolStats, ItemRestrict, PotionStacker, WorldEdit, OpenInv, QuickBoard, Realistic-Swimming, ClearLag, ChatControl, WorldBorder, Votifier, Multiverse-Core, ProtocolLib, CustomShield, LibsDisguises, AutoRespawnPlus, VotingPlugin, Reports, VoidGenerator, PermissionsEx, TimeIsMoney, SQLibrary, CS-CoreLib, mcMMO, Multiverse-Portals, Vault, NoClickArmor, BetterDrops, MassiveCore, MCMMOXPBar, RepairMan, DabCore, PerWorldInventory, HolographicDisplays, PlayerPoints, WorldGuard, BungeePortals, AuctionHouse, ChestCommands, MythicMobs, CommunityBridge, ParticleHats, CratesPlus, boosCooldowns, Orebfuscator4, Essentials, SexyMotd, mcMMOAction, BannerMaker, Citizens, Shopkeepers, JLib, RankVouchers, CrazyEnvoy, ItemLoreStats, CSGO-CratesPlus, MoreFish, Shop, CommandNPC, EssentialsSpawn, Bank, QuickSell, AuthMe, Factions, RandomTeleport, BungeeTabListPlus, Statz, CrazyEnchantments, VentureChat, MyPet, CombatLog, MobHunting, Autorank, AuthMeBridge, TokenEnchant, FactionChat, EnchantmentBook, EBChance

Server: Win 10 pro.

2. The first trouble is you're running it on Windows 10.

Second you need timing software when the player is chatting. It will be a chat plugin that is probably using isOp checks poorly.

3. is it recommended or will it run well if I switch to a virtual machine ? Ex: Linux on a VM ? Any recommendations for the chat timing software ? Thanks :D

4. My guess is that 84 plugins has something to do with it.

5. Why does everyone say this? Plugin count does not just "make a server lag". Do you understand this? A plugin can be as lightweight as doing a command.

Server lag comes from certain plugins, the world saves, etc. Not just hey lots of plugins, that the lag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. My wording was quite specific.
    I said that my guess was that 84 plugins has something to do with it,
    not that it's the problem for sure. :)

7. Been out for years. It works wonders. Back in the day, fixed my 9-11 TPS back to a 19.95+. Improves Redstone by 90%.