Craftbukkit to Spigot

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Athlios, May 5, 2015.

1. Hello there,

Before I start I would like to thank you for your work and for the time you dedicate in this project, even if I wasn't able to see it working yet.

Here's my question. Is there a way to transfer my old 1.7.10 craftbukkit server (windows) on spigot 1.8.3 (windows)?
    If so, how can I do this?

I followed the installation instructions so far, but I'm pretty much stuck there and I couldn't find any more information on the wiki or the forums.

Thank you
    Andreas

2. Considering spigot is just a fork of Bukkit. You should be able to just replace your jar with spigot.

3. get server.jar, overwrite server.jar, start server.jar

not working? try again.

4. Nope. I see a cmd kind of window starting (flashing actually) and closing down after 1 seconds. Instead when I start it on dedicated folder, it runs all downloading/patching for some time and then it works.

5. Make sure you've agreed to EULA?

6. Pastebin the error.

7. 1.
    #By changing the setting below to TRUE you are indicating your agreement to our EULA (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula).
    #Sat Jul 26 01:19:38 EEST 2014
    eula=true

which error? I can't see any error. The only thing I see is a cmd window flashing for a moment.

8. maybe this?
    Welcome to Git (version 1.9.5-preview20150319)

Run 'git help git' to display the help index.
    Run 'git help <command>' to display help for specific commands.

[email protected] /D/Games/Minecraft
    $ D:\Games\Minecraft\Spigot.bat
    sh: D:GamesMinecraftSpigot.bat: command not found

$

9. You don't change the server version only with get old version CraftBukkit to 1.8...

10. Uh? In the bash terminal you should be running build tools, not your startup script.
    If you check out the the manual/wiki, it will tell you need to download build tools, open a bash terminal, and run it using "java -jar buildtools". After that you get the spigot.jar.

#10 GGhost, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  11. Welcome to Git (version 1.9.5-preview20150319)

Run 'git help git' to display the help index.
    Run 'git help <command>' to display help for specific commands.

$ D:\Games\Minecraft\BuildTools.jar
    sh: D:GamesMinecraftBuildTools.jar: command not found

$

so. same deal I guess.

12. As I understand I have to replace the craftbukkit.jar with the created spigot.jar?
    If so, I can't generate the spigot.jar, unless I do that on dedicated folder.

13. ops. resolved I think. I just tried to copy all created files and folder on my old bukkit folder and it works!
    thanks. let me know if Im missing anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1