Crafting twice as many planks for players with rank

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Viariouz, May 29, 2016.

1. Hello,

I'm currently trying to use the PrepareItemCraftEvent and ItemCraftEvent to make it so if players have a certain permissions rank. Currently I've ruled out using the ItemCraftEvent and I think I still need to use the PrepareItemCraftEvent.

This is what I currently have.

Code (Text):
        @EventHandler
        public void craftItem(PrepareItemCraftEvent event) {

Material itemType = event.getRecipe().getResult().getType();

if(!(itemType == Material.DIAMOND_PICKAXE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_AXE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_HOE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_SPADE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_SWORD ||
                    itemType == Material.DIAMOND_HELMET || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_LEGGINGS || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_BOOTS || itemType == Material.WOOD))
                return;

for(HumanEntity he : event.getViewers()) {
                if(he instanceof Player) {
                    if((itemType == Material.DIAMOND_PICKAXE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_AXE) && !(PyxisCore.perms.playerInGroup((Player) he, "Craftsman"))) {
                        event.getInventory().setResult(new ItemStack(Material.AIR));
                        he.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You must unlock the Craftsman path before crafting this item.");
                        return;
                    } else if((itemType == Material.DIAMOND_HOE || itemType == Material.DIAMOND_SPADE) && !(PyxisCore.perms.playerInGroup((Player) he, "Harvester"))) {
                        he.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You must unlock the Harvester path before crafting this item.");
                        return;
                    } else if(itemType == Material.DIAMOND_SWORD && !(PyxisCore.perms.playerInGroup((Player) he, "Ninja"))) {
                        he.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You must unlock the Ninja path before crafting this item.");
                        return;
                    } else if(itemType == Material.WOOD && PyxisCore.perms.playerInGroup((Player) he, "Craftsman")) {
                        event.getInventory().getResult().setAmount(6);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    Any idea on how I could change this to make it work?

Thanks.

2. Wouldn't that add a recipe for everyone instead of just for people with a certain permission though? I'm trying to make it so if you're in a certain group you can craft more planks.