Crashing

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by XxXAdamXxX, Aug 12, 2017.

1. My MC crashes whenever i join my server while my friend plays fine, i get this error when i join

[07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: [Fatal Error] :57:86: The reference to entity "render" must end with the ';' delimiter.

[07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 57; columnNumber: 86; The reference to entity "render" must end with the ';' delimiter.
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:121)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.mindoverflow.hubthat.UpdateChecker.updateNeeded(UpdateChecker.java:32)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.mindoverflow.hubthat.Main.playerJoin(Main.java:200)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:499)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:484)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerList.onPlayerJoin(PlayerList.java:342)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerList.a(PlayerList.java:162)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.LoginListener.b(LoginListener.java:159)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.LoginListener.e(LoginListener.java:57)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:233)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.ServerConnection.c(ServerConnection.java:140)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:842)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:405)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576)
    [07:34:37] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tell your friend to go to your location. If he goes and it crashes, you have a corrupted chunk. If it doesn't, try deleting your player data from all world.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hmm... Tell us more about your hub plugin. Reading the stack trace, it appears the issue is caused by your hub plugin "HubThat", whenever a player joins, the stacktrace goes down to that plugin's PlayerJoinEvent. At that point, the plugin appears to do an update check, and.... Assuming the author of the plugin wrote the methods correctly, also decided that it needed an update. From there, the error turns into Javax. If I had to guess, I'd say that something with your hub plugin's update method (although why it would be making an entity named "render" is beyond me) is causing an issue when you are trying to use the server on a 1.12 R1, which I'm guessing HubThat isn't updated for.

Tl;Dr of the technical stuff: If you want to make a server and don't care all that much about the version, just look up what server version HubThat is updated for, and make a server using that version. If you do need HubThat and you do need to use this version, then I'd advise contacting the HubThat dev and asking about the error.

EDIT: Reading the post above, that's actually a good point. The reference to a render error may mean the chunk you are in is corrupted, and it simply happened to trigger during the on-join event of this plugin. I'd advise you have your friend head to your location, if they have the same issue then, as @Vreya said, it's likely corrupted. If that is the case: editing your player data (Google it, tutorials online) file and moving yourself away is likely the solution, either that or backing up the world file and wiping the playerdata folder if you're not too worried about losing your inventories and such.