Custom block in 1.9?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by rosedragon, May 23, 2016.

1. Is there a way to create custom blocks (not painted heads, not swords, not equip) for a server? I do not mind if it means it require its own texture pack, but I don't want them to replace the current vanilla items. I just want more materials for me and players to build with, maybe all of them can have the trait of a cobblestone block for example, nothing fancy.

Thank you!

2. This can be done with command blocks (you said vanilla, this is really the only thing that'll help you in vanilla. ). You may want to look up command blocks with tutorials and such. Also, resource packs can also work with durability, this means you could change a diamond axes last durability to look like a block and then give it the properties of a block. Also, make it unbreakable so that it cant change forms, then make it so that it won't despawn from the ground. There's multiple tutorials on youtube, I hope this suggestion helped!

3. So, you can try to you texture packs and plugins. Or you can custom code mods that add custom blocks, (I know how to code with forge BTW)