Custom Death Actions

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Meteor_Strike, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Hi!
    I had a fun idea for a server mechanic. What if upon death, the player was respawned with all their items in a separate world(We'll call it Limbo for now)? From that point onward, they'd have a configurable timer to get to a certain point in the world to be warped out or they would die in Limbo with their items being stored in a chest and the player respawning back in the original world with a bunch of configurable potion effects? Perhaps also with some kind of permission that removes the timer?

This way, a player would have a chance to fight their way back to reality, and they could find other player's loot as well on their way out. Essentially, it would make for some interesting risk management.

Problem is, I have no idea how to do this. I already have the world handled with MultiVerse and some generators and all that, but everything else like the respawning, timer, chests, etc...
    No idea.

Any plugins that could help? If anyone wants to write me one, I'd love that too.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Nice idea, i think, only with a pl developer

3. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Wrong thread?

Also you might be able to do the respawning with MultiVerse itself (you can set the respawn world for each world). For the chest-on-death there should be a lot of grave plugins out there. The only thing I feel is a bit more difficult to find is the death timer. Maybe search for plugins that implement some kind of radiation? Or just give them a low poison/wither effect or slightly damage them with a command. So they could heal themselves (e.g. with potions) but it gets more risky if they don't find more loot.

#3 Phoenix616, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like a good idea. I was also thinking that it might be too easy to get their stuff back, since they could die and be sent back, grab their stuff, and try to return again though. My solution was to say that they might need 15 levels of experience or have some kind of cooldown for the Limbo dimension. Any ideas on how to implement that?
    Also, thanks for the heads up on the Multiverse respawn world thing. I didn't actually know that was a thing. In retrospect, I probably should have. Do you think there's a way to have a condition on whether or not they respawn in world A or world B?