Custom join/quit messages for specific groups

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by ComboTombo, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hello! I'm pretty new to the plugins stuff, so bear with me. Right now, I have all the Essentials plugins downloaded (the ones we're talking about right now is EssentialsChat and EssentialsGroupManager). Here's the thing, on Essentials config.yml it says I can make custom join and quit messages. The only thing I want to know is that I want that to be available only for a specific group, e.g. Owner. I want it to be like this:

[OWNER] ComboTombo&f has joined. &4Beware&f, rule breakers!

Now, where do I post this, and what should I write?

2. I'm not familiar with Essentials Chat, never used it. I reccommend ChatControl, works great.

3. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Don't use essentials use essentialsX, Also Groupmanager is outdated too, use pex (permissionEX) or luckyperms, I don't quite remember if there is a way to do this with essentials, As above chatcontrol should have this feature, But please do change to essentialsX as essentials stopped being updated

4. Can I make it so that only my staff members (Owners, admins, senior mods etc) would have the join/quit message enabled?

5. So now I just delete all of my essentials plugins, and replace them with one single plugin? Or do I remove "Essentials", replace it with EssentialsX and keep all the other Essentials plugins (Chat, Spawn etc) on?

6. I just visited EssentialsX's GitHub page, and there's loads of files. Which one should I download?

7. DavidDevelops

Supporter

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/essentialsx.9089/
    That comes with all the things essentials comes with (No GM as its outdated use pex or luckyperms as I said)

8. Alright. I'll remove all essentials and download this file. Ty man!

9. DavidDevelops

Supporter

No problem glad I could be of help!!