Spigot CustomJoinLeaveMessage [1.13.2 - 1.14.4] 1.6.5

Add custom messages to your players when they join and/or leave.

1. GonzoDark submitted a new resource:

CustomJoinLeaveMessage - Add custom messages to your players when they join and/or leave.

Read more about this resource...

2. GonzoDark updated CustomJoinLeaveMessage [1.13.2 - 1.14] with a new update entry:

Added a new messages file

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GonzoDark updated CustomJoinLeaveMessage [1.13.2 - 1.14] with a new update entry:

Silent join, First server join, wildcards and aliases

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. First of all I wanted to thank you for this great and helpfull Plugin!

As a small bug I encountered that somehow /clm and /cjm are mapped exchanged, which is very odd...
    (Some strange server fault on my end)

May you be so humble to allow me to voice my wish for some additional features?
    • A finer grid for permissions,
      • e.g permission to edit only own message, so you do not need to give erveryone admin privilages if you want people to choose a custom message.
    • The abillity to have multiple messages, and one gets chosen at random?
    • Ability to run commands on join/quit/1st join
    Thank you for your time developing this plugin and reading this message.

#12 Ordo273, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Thank you for your feedback, I will consider it for a future release.
    In regards to your bug-report, then I can't locate the issue you are describing. Are you sure that you didn't use the wrong command?
    Feel free to supply with information on how to reproduce the issue, then I will be able to fix it, if there is an issue. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thank you for you consideration!

As for the Bug, I think my server just was a bit drunk when it happend and he switched them up. After a restart it didn't happen anymore...

7. Ok, perfect (y) Thank you for your feedback, feel free to change your review (4 --> 5) to reflect that there is no issue :p

I have committed all of your suggestions for the next version. ;)
    I just need to figure out what the commands should be for these two ideas:

Right now the command /cjm <player> <message> will override an existing message, if you are able to add multiple messages, then I guess it would also make sense to be able to list all messages, and let the user know what number the message is, so that he is also able to clear it. E.g.

GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark Gonzo is ready to rumble!
    Server message to GonzoDark: CustomJoinMessage #1 defined
    GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark Gonzo is ready to dance!
    Server message to GonzoDark: CustomJoinMessage #2 defined
    GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark (or /cjm GonzoDark list)
    Server message to GonzoDark: You have the following messages defined:
    #1 Gonzo is ready to rumble!
    #2 Gonzo is ready to dance!
    GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark #1
    Server message to GonzoDark: Gonzo is ready to rumble!
    GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark #1 "" (or /cjm GonzoDark #1 remove)
    GonzoDark: /cjm GonzoDark #1
    Server message to GonzoDark: Gonzo is ready to dance!

Does that seem like a good flow or do you have a better idea? I am open to suggestions.

I also need a command for this.
    /cjlm default <type> <message> (where type can be either JOIN or LEAVE or FIRST)

Does that seem ok? Or do you have a better idea?

#15 GonzoDark, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. Well tbh I totally forgot the command side of things and just concentratet on the files..

Random Message:
    maybe something like
    /cjm Ordo273 [add/list/remove] [message/id]

where list would print out a list like
    1: Ordo is now online
    2: Ordo is rocking the house
    Command on join:
    /cjc(/customjoincommand) [player] [add/list/jemove] [command/id]

But now I see that this addition may be out of this plugin, which concentrates on messages...Nontheless it may still be a cool addition, for making fireworks appear/give Items on login. But I think a ton of other plugins already cover that field so it may not be necessary after all ^^
    Again thank you for the extremely quick response and have a nice weekend (well it's at least close ;) )

9. GonzoDark updated CustomJoinLeaveMessage [1.13.2 - 1.14.2] with a new update entry:

Multiple messages, random, list

10. I agree - adding command on join might be out of the scope of this plugin.
    Thank you again for your suggestions, I have added them to the newest version.
    The syntax is a bit different than what we talked about, but I think it makes more sense.

Let me know what you think and enjoy :)

11. OMG thank you SO much Gonzo to implement this so quickly! Only could answere now, since the API was down yesterday during testing :/

That beeing said, I could not find any way where to change the default message, where random messages would be most usefull :'(.

Also LagMonitor issued the following hint, would this be an easy optimization?:

Also out of interest, why did you decide to add multiple messages as own dictionaries and not lists in the dictionarie "JOIN/LEAVE"? :O Was it for backwarks compatabillity without a "first run conversion to new format"? 0.o

12. Oh, so you also wanted multiple standard messages and not 'just' multiple personal messages? I will add that to the next release - along with a command for it.

Ah, yes. I will make it async for the next release. :)

Yes, that was to ensure backwards compatibility. I guess I could make the format a bit more readable long-term. Is this like you were thinking? Or did you have something else in mind?:

Code (YAML):
    UUID:
      JOIN
    :
    : Gonzo is ready to rumble!
    : Gonzo is ready to join the dance!
      LEAVE
    :
    : Aww.. Gonzo had to leave.
    : Gonzo better get some stuff done in RL