Spigot Dangerous Caves 18

Makes caves more interesting by adding new mechanics and content.

1. OkDexter12 submitted a new resource:

Dangerous Caves - Makes caves more interesting by adding new mechanics.

Read more about this resource...

2. Looks like a nice plugin, please make it compatible with 1.13.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks, it works for 1.13 and 1.13.1 too. I just didn't want to set it in the versions until I got to testing it until now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is looking awesome! Just one question: will this work with worldpainter or custom world geberator plugins, too?

5. It would be good if you could translate the text messages like Cave Temperature itself. This would make the plugin interesting for foreign language plugins.
    Command / testc does nothing at all in 1.13.
    Otherwise it is very interesting. I am curious what you will develop

Update:

During extensive testing, my server has always crashed. Because he wants to generate something In your plugin -> LEGACY_WOOD_DOOR

See report:

Description: Exception generating new chunk

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get data for not block LEGACY_WOOD_DOOR
    at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:127)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerChunk.a(PlayerChunk.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerChunkMap.flush(PlayerChunkMap.java:143)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.WorldServer.doTick(WorldServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:940)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.DedicatedServer.w(DedicatedServer.java:411)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:819)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:717)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get data for not block LEGACY_WOOD_DOOR
    at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:191)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.block.data.CraftBlockData.newData(CraftBlockData.java:464)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.CraftServer.createBlockData(CraftServer.java:1809)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.CraftServer.createBlockData(CraftServer.java:1784)
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.createBlockData(Bukkit.java:1186)
    at org.bukkit.Material.createBlockData(Material.java:1980)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:137)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:132)
    at mainPackage.CaveGenerator.decideBlock(CaveGenerator.java:584)
    at mainPackage.CaveGenerator.generateStructure(CaveGenerator.java:643)
    at mainPackage.CaveGenerator.randomStructure(CaveGenerator.java:455)
    at mainPackage.CaveGenerator.populate(CaveGenerator.java:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkMap.a(ChunkMap.java:63)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkMap.put(ChunkMap.java:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkMap.put(ChunkMap.java:1)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.it.unimi.dsi.fastutil.longs.Long2ObjectMaps$SynchronizedMap.put(Long2ObjectMaps.java:371)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkProviderServer.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:218)
    at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniApply(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniApplyStage(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenApply(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkProviderServer.generateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:180)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ChunkProviderServer.generateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)
    ... 9 more

#6 starnos, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  6. It should work fine with custom maps / worldpainter. Although i'm not quite sure about plugins that generate the world. There's a chance it would, but world generator plugins are coded differently so I can't give a exact answer for that one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yeah sorry about that crash I didn't know that the doors would cause crashes in 1.13 versions, but the latest update fixes it. testc doesn't do much but allow me to test things that were added and is changed quite often. Currently you can do /testc 1 to generate a stone spike. This was just to test if my rotation method worked correctly.

Also do you have any resources for the translation thing? I've never really heard of it so I can look into it later and see if I can add it.

8. I liked the plugin, you could create a wiki by better defining config.

9. Thanks, I added a section to the bottom of the page that explains the config values besides the true and false ones since those match with the pictures and sections. I tested the values in my own server before I uploaded the new updates so the default values should work fine. If you have any questions about the true or false values and what one does feel free to ask.

10. You can add automatic creation of caves

11. Like overriding the default caves that are made?

12. Yes, exchange it for normal or connect

13. That could look really cool. I've thought about doing this but the problem is that mass changing blocks on that scale causes a lot of lag. In fact I already had a feature that replaced caves with custom cave biomes, but there was so much lag I had to remove it. I can make a nms method for something like that but the problem with that is version compatibility is difficult when nms is involved.

So for now I probably won't do it, but in the future I'll look into it when spigot finalizes it's 1.13 api. If you want to look at the cave biomes version I can send you it but prepare for possible crashes and freezes if you don't have a ton of ram to spare.

14. Okay, send it if you could, please :D

15. >[2K [10:18:06 WARN]: [DangerousCaves] Task #26 for DangerousCaves v1.0 generated an exception java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: RECORD_MELLOHI at mainPackage.main.doCaveSounds(main.java:654) ~[?:?] at mainPackage.main$2.run(main.java:174) ~[?:?] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:76) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:361) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:877) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.DedicatedServer.w(DedicatedServer.java:411) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:819) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:717) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-fe3ab0d-bfb9131] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]

• Agree Agree x 1

16. Thanks for the bug report, I looked into it and I think I was able to solve it while keeping the original content the same so I'll update to a new fixed version for download.