DDOS Attacks - Help

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by DotRar, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indent Solutions has proprietary cutting edge software which can do this exact thing, send our business advisor an email at [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
  2. You did a terrible bad security setup. That's YOUR fault
    Ip ranges are public.

3. On a forum I staffed on, their VPS was experiencing brute force attacks. After viewing the auth log a few hours and Googled up some IPs I collected from the log, most traced back to China, while some went back to Russia even though the origin was from Virginia USA... Why does China get involved in every single one of these hacks... ._.

4. if someone from china punches you in the face does that mean china is involved?

it's chinese servers. bad system security everywhere, worse system security in China (among other places).
    create a new thread if you're looking for serious advice.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you own a server at any popular hosting provider you can expect that server to receive at least a couple hundred login attempts per day. My servers received a good 5-10 per second before I simply changed the port and installed fail2ban. The internet is constantly being scanned + tested for vulnerabilities in order to build up botnets etc. Sometimes scans are performed for research purposes, though if your servers are being bruted then it's likely for malicious purposes. They are not targeting your server in particular, mainly just trying their list of passwords against your VPS as well as the thousands of other servers in their list.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sent a pm to @op

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.