[DDoS Mitigation] DNS rotation with BungeeCord?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by Akaivo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I was looking into making a Bungee server but I noticed that when I made my first server that everyone has the same IP when I did /seen.

Since everyone runs under that IP, does it mean DNS rotation is not possible or something?

I am asking cause I have yet to see a server using DNS rotation and running Bungee at the same time. Most of them just have a Hub with 10GB/s protection.

2. joehot200

Supporter

@Akaivo yes its possible lol

3. Might be DNS round robin

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. This sounds like a configuration issue? (Spigot not configured to recognise the Bungee server)

Are you saying that when users connect through your Bungee server to your Spigot server, the Spigot servers see them all coming from the same IP?

Or are you taking about there only being one address that they connect with (eg. play.myserver.com)?

5. PhanaticD

Patron

look in the bungee IP's sections of bukkit.yml

6. joehot200

Supporter

@Akaivo. in your bungee-proxies (in bukkit.yml) put the IP ADDRESS of ALL the bungee proxies, it will then spoof the ip of the player.

7. But in the BungeeCord ping, the players will see only the players connected into their Bungee and not in others.

Ex in the server there is 90 players.
    40 players are connected through Bungee and who do the ping to bungeeCord will see 40/xxx

• Like Like x 1
  8. joehot200

Supporter

@Creeper96, i personally dont care. i let people think i get barely 50 people online, when i in fact have at least 80 or 90 online, Plus others who know the direct server IPs without going through the bungee.