Decompile/edit a plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ChickenPillow, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply how do u decompile/edit a plugin

2. Could you tell me what you are trying to change? You can get in serious trouble modifying peoples' code if they care about it. Depends on what you are changing and who was the owner of it.

3. Im not doing anything like selling/putting it on spigot, just to look at what code they have used

4. Not actually changing anything

5. If you are just looking at the code that's fine. If you edit the code for your server then that's bad. For decompiling I use this: http://jd.benow.ca/

I don't know if there are better ones, but it's what I've used in the past.

6. Dont worry im just looking at other plugins code to help make my own, no copying etc what so ever

7. MiniDigger

Supporter

congratz, you just recommended the worst decompiler that is out there ^^

let me recommend some good once:
    spigot uses fernflower https://github.com/fesh0r/fernflower by jetbrains (the makers of intellij)
    I like Procyon and use luyten as interface https://github.com/deathmarine/Luyten

8. Sorry, Ive only needed to decompile code once a long time ago. That was the first Google search that came up. Hence why I said I'm not sure if there are better ones :(

9. Praise the Helios! (got support for several, there's bound to be one that works)

-pokes @samczsun -

• Like Like x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

I always forget him...

11. Personally I use jd-gui, but I'd try some of the above.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This has already been suggested and put down as an old and in used decompiler. Unfortunately compared to today's de compilers the HD project shows more code that is unreadable by humans and more readable by computers in my opinion Procyon is the most human friendly (to read) but there right be other that other people prefer to more personal preference for most.

13. not all of plugins decompiled correctly but I suggest using JD-Gui or IntelliJ

14. Does anyone read answers?

Also ALL plugin decompile correctly unless the files themselves are corrupt, some code looks awful or looks like just comments because some people obfuscate code so people don't look into their plugins like this, some go all the way to byte code which even decompilers struggle to read (hence seeing commented code that makes no sense sometimes)

15. MiniDigger

Supporter

no. there are many bugs in decompilers. especially in jd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. yeah there are instances which the characters became chinese , etc.

17. best way is to download the .jar file of the plugin open as zip copy the resources input to your IDE's workspace folder inside of one of your project

18. MiniDigger

Supporter

no. the best way is to use a dependency management system like maven or gradle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.