Dedicated for 100+ users 20 tps

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by celcius, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Procesador: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.5 Ghz / Ram: 32GB 2866Mhz
    150 GB SSD

I need four servers.
    Bungecord with 1 GB
    Lobby with 2 GB
    Survival MMORPG with 12 GB ram
    Mazmorras 10 GB ram

do you think it can hold up to 150 people spread over the servers?

2. Hello Celcius,

Simple answer, if configured correctly, yes. But there are a lot more factors than just the hardware. You have to take into account networking (and it's stability), heavy weighted plugins, server configurations, and many more variables. Not to mention you'd probably want two load-balanced lobbies as fallbacks that way you don't have 150 people in one hub which would most likely crash it... especially on newer versions of Minecraft. Then you have to worry about the sad reality of DDOS attacks so your host should be prepared to withstand those as well. All in all, it's a solid VPS that you have listed specs for, however, you also need to make sure it's a KVM VPS without oversold resources as that could heavily affect how many players you can have. Alright, I'll leave it there, I think you get the point.

Best of luck,
    - MaGiiK.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yeah, make sure you take a look at the network capacity. Both the port speeds and the bandwidth you're getting. 1TB bandwidth isn't going to cut it if you have 150 concurrent players.

Make sure your host also has decent DDoS mitigation policies and won't null route your traffic if you get attacked past a certain threshold.
    Known hosts with reliable networks: OVH, Vultr, ReliableSite (heard both good and bad), Tempest, any host that offers Path.net, Cloudflare Spectrum, or Coreo.

4. Yes, and no. If you think about it it's not likely that you will have 150 players evenly placed among your servers. I would guess at minimum 80 of them will be in the survival server. And 12GB for 80 people is short if you have a lot of features and plugins (which I guess MMORPG Survival servers have). And I totally agree with what the others here have said, it's possible when configured correctly. But I personally would not have relied on that many players on such a small margin. If you are on a budget and or have limitations regarding RAM, cut down from other servers and or drop other gamemodes.

Good luck with your project!
    Have a nice day!

5. I have already bought it, and the truth is I have 1 server where they have 50 players with 15 tps and 15 gb of ram, and the other server with 10 people at 20 tps with 10 gb of ram, and the bunge with 3 gb of ram. But I don't understand why that server goes to 20 tps, the timings and everything is optimized.
    So I don't know how to improve it :(

upload_2021-6-15_20-7-21.png

this is my htop if any can help me.

6. Thank you for the answer <3

7. thank for the answer,
    I have already bought it, and the truth is I have 1 server where they have 50 players with 15 tps and 15 gb of ram, and the other server with 10 people at 20 tps with 10 gb of ram, and the bunge with 3 gb of ram. But I don't understand why that server goes to 20 tps, the timings and everything is optimized.
    So I don't know how to improve it :(

8. Your timing reports don't look too bad. Make sure you pre-generate the worlds and you keep your entities under control. Those seem to be your biggest issues.

9. Yeah i have pre gen the world, but i think that the villagers are the problem Hm

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Then I would try to move some GB arround, where do you have alot, where do you have a good TPS and move GB from them to where you have less. :)

11. Just throwing more ram at a server doesn't fix the underlying issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hey, I would recommend not to add too much ram. Try more optimization. Firstly try to be on the newest Java version and then search for start parameter that would help you. Also check what your players are doing. Like when they load often many chunks, faster gc would help to remove the unload chunks from the memory. I would also recommend to monitor your io performance and how it's going. But that depends really what's going on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh I totally agree, but when everything is configured to the optimal and you cant make any changes to the servers specs. Moving RAM arround to opitize tps is one of the easy things to do.

Eidt: Dont misunderstand me tho, I agree with you :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. the problem is that is a server mmorpg with 60 plugins i am speaking about the survival server with 15 gb.
    So I don't know if I can run out of ram.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yea 60 Plugins are a lot but I would say you have many small plugins instead a big system, so I would say it doesnt matter that much, its just hard to know if all 60 plugins a was coded with performance in mind. Especially databases related stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. java -Xms13G -Xmx13G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=16M -XX:G1ReservePercent=15 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=20 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar server.jar nogui

This is my flags, maybe it can help to give a better answer, I just reduced the ram to 13gb from 17gb.