Dedicated Machine and voting? [Urgent]

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by IHazSugar, May 22, 2015.

1. Hey I'm running a dedicated machine, one problem is I can't get votifier to work with bungeecord, I'm using votesend and votifier (Which both work and are configured correctly, already tested using fakevotes), but the thing is how do I get the voting websites to send the vote to votifier? I only have one ip which links to the bungeecord, but since votesend is on the hub how do I point it the hub? Since it's on a dedicated machine the hubs ip is 127.0.0.1:20001, and clearly a voting website can't link to my dedicated machine to see what I'm talking about, help me please!

2. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

In Votifier config you can bind it to an IP of your choice, go into the plugin config and change the IP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Under host, I can change that to whatever I want?

4. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Yes, set that to the public IP you want to use for Votifier. It doesn't have to be the same as the server binded address.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. I'm still having trouble, PMC is giving me the error: Could not connect to the provided votifier address & port. This is the PMC address and port: 129.342.831.XXX and 9539. This is my votifier config:
    host: 129.342.831.XXX
    port: 9539
    debug: false
    listener_folder: plugins/Votifier/listeners
    Help?

6. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Did you restart the server after changing it, and did it give any errors at startup? Maybe it couldn't bind to the IP or port.

7. No errors :/ and yes I restarted it.

8. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Not sure then, without any logs or anything it's impossible to help. Maybe try a different site besides PMC and see if it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Minecraft-server-list.net error: (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known). Configs posted below:

Full Console Restart log: http://pastebin.com/NwRp88C5

host: 129.342.831
    port: 9539
    debug: false
    listener_folder: plugins/Votifier/listeners

10. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

I can't even ping the IP (it's the full 129.342.831.XXX IP in your previous post), says can't resolve host - maybe that's your problem?

11. It has to be a real IP? I made a random ip, because that's what I thought you said, and that's my probelm, since its on a dedicated machine it doesn't have a real ip.

12. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

So you're saying you have a dedicated server without an IPv4 address?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. x_L

x_L

He ment the IP that you have on your box.
    Also, try turning ip tables off, maybe that's blocking your vote connection, you can also add it to your ip table rules.

14. Lol, what's IPtables? xD.

15. I have a ip, which links to bungeecord... The actual hub server is running off 127.1.1.1 whatever IP as its running off the machine.

16. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Ok, then use the same IP that BungeeCord is using and put it in your Votifier config.

17. (Connection Refused) is now the error.... Bungeecord + dedicated machine too complicated....

18. I suggest getting a system administrator / minecraft and bungee enthusiast to personally handle it.

19. Tag em?

20. @Abstracts
    ..:}