Dedicated server help

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by SSROCK101, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont know what your smoking... OVH has a collapsing oversold network with terrible support....

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Im using astralgameservers.com theyr servers come with free ddos protection enought for the common attacks which i think its very good, and 8x3.30 Ghz E3-1230v2 16gb ram 100mb uplink (which is more than enought for 200 players)

3. A. That cant handle 200 players
    B. E3-1230v2 is a 4 core processor, not 8

4. OVH has 700,000 customers and what, the most servers out of any hosting company? They are far from collapsing, IMO. Maybe a bit crowded with servers now but with all the new DCs they have in production it'll make up for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OVH protection is terrible, if anyone has a botnet and you have that protection then you won't come back up. The protection I have is near impossible, I talk to a lot of people and the ones with these botnets tell me I made a really good choice on protection. (If your interested it's a private provider so MSG me)
    For dedicated servers I suggest one of the following: securedservers or staminus.
    OVH - terrible support (something you don't want to deal with, you may not have an issue for a while, but if you do then don't expect an easy fix)

ServerMania - security issues
    (Don't want to get into it but it's pretty bad)

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. You want me to lie? I am just suggesting good hosting.
    Also I just stated they have bad support, I never dissed them.

#26 OwningProds, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Support is pretty slow and it's a lot of do-it-yourself, but the DDoS protection is excellent — I've never had an issue with it

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I am just stating, if you run into someone with a botnet, OVH cannot handle that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If the botnet can launch 480GBPS (Isn't that what OVH offers? Not entirely sure of the full number :p) then yes OVH is f-d. But for a protection service free with your purchase of a server, its hella good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OVH support is not bad. I called them and they answered within seconds. They also seemed very knowledgeable. Just don't even bother emailing and give them a call.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Same here

12. Atleast OVH offers a phone number unlike a lot of hosting companies ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. I took down OVH with 60gb/s no problem.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. With secured servers you get directly connected to an ONSITE datacenter tech that can do field work. Unlike OVH, OVH staff know how submit tickets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. At atleast 3x the price.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Thanks, finally someone who knows there stuff. Everyone else just thinks, ohh well if I am on OVH its good. Just because a lot of people use it does not mean its good or bad, its not based apon that.

Quality > OVH

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OVH is a budget provider, SS's prices are not high, OVH's prices are lower than average. I'm not here to lie, but we all have rights to our opinions. If you can afford SS I would get it, otherwise, OVH is good as they have some DDOS protection and low prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Please show me that. I would REALLY love to see that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Who do you think I am? Most people that know me can vouch that I can take down almost anything.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I haven't seen you do it, but I have seen 2 people do it before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.