Dedicated server

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by FireFlies, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Ahoy everyone!

I'm looking for the best quality dedicated server that would fit my needs, I was looking into ReliableSite which seems perfect but maybe a bit pricey, please do not mention OVH.

Here are the details:

Network Information:
    1. How many servers do you run? 3
    2. What type of servers do you run? Highly competitive PvP servers
    3. On average, how many players do each of your servers have per day? 25-50+
    4. Where are most of your players located? USA
    Hardware Information:
    1. What type of hosting are you looking for? Dedicated
    2. What is your monthly budget? $150 Max
    3. How much memory will you need for the entire server itself? 32GB
    4. What type of CPU would you prefer? Xeon E3 or Intel i7
    5. How much storage space will you need? Not very much, 64GB+
      • What type of storage would you prefer? SSD
    6. Would you like DDoS protection? Yes
    Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

FireFlies

2. Reliablesite might have the right servers for you

3. latiku

Supporter

Psychz or SecuredServers, I've had previous bad encounters with reliablesite

4. The network issues are already fixed. The last time I had a server was a few days ago and the network worked fine

5. Out of curiosity, why did you say don't mention "OVH" ;)

6. What was your bad experience with RS if I may ask?

OVH might be the most budget friendly but the quality really isn't there, if one day your server is experiencing major issues/lag coming from the machine itself, OVH will tell you that it's still on your side and will do nothing to check the hardware/fix the machine or simply give you another server. You will end up paying for another server to replace the one that is broken when it's clearly their hardware. This happened 3 times to a friend of mine with a network with 400+ players, each time he had to buy a new server to replace the old one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. latiku

Supporter

Not just the network issues. Some with delivery, support, losing connectivity during important tasks, etcetera. I've had enough tramuatic experience (and network downtime) with them to never go back.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Was this recently or a while ago? I've seen many great reviews on multiple forums that's why I'm asking. What other provider would you recommend for my needs?

9. latiku

Supporter

I'd say it was around June last year (2016), but don't credit me for that as I have a bad memory.

10. I mean it was almost a year ago maybe things have changed, but I will consider your experience.

11. You should've took contact with their support to get a workaround

12. You could get a 64GB DDR4 machine with I7-6700K from ovsus.
    Price: $104.99 US

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. First time I've heard about this provider, their prices are around the same as ReliableSite but Ovsus offers only 400Mbit bandwith in their packages.

14. They provide 1gbit, they describe 400mbit as their guaranteed bandwidth.

15. Ah, right I see. Well thank you for your suggestion :)

16. You're welcome, also to note, 400mbit maxed out monthly, is 118124Gbit (14.76TB), which is more already then what Reliablesite would allow you to use (10TB)

17. Some of the things being said about OVH are simply not true, and people are jumping on the bandwagon. They'll work to fix any network or hardware issues immediately, and are pretty good at intervening when there's a problem. Don't expect to be getting managed support for what they charge, but calling them will always be a million times better than opening a ticket.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. latiku

Supporter

I'm pretty sure that I listed support was an issue. I was greeted with one (extremely vague) response each time I went to support, which was rare. It took roughly ~2-3 weeks for a reply to a ticket, even then I had to contact representatives through Skype several times.

19. I was checking out all the server specs, is there any DDoS protection? It's kinda a must.

20. On their main site they "ovsus.com" they state full ddos protection, might want to contact support for specs.
    Never had issues with ddos attacks on ovsus so far.