Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by CursedCeo, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:35 PM.

1. Hello Spigot Users,

I'm CursedCeo and I'm looking for the best dedicated server
    for the best price from 32-64gb & i7 7400 4+ cores, NVMe is possible.
    It would mean the world to me if you could support me with this!

Please do not trash this thread!

Best regards,
    CursedCeo​

2. Hetzner EX41S-SSD comes pretty close at 34 EUR excl. VAT per month for 64 GB DDR4, i7-6700 Quad-Core and 2x250 GB SSD. The only "problem" is that it has 79 EUR excl. VAT setup fee.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Will be checking this one later, never heard of this.

4. Ah, I strongly recommend adding a price limit to your post as that was not stated. Additionally, I strongly doubt you could find a dedicated server with the specs stated for $30 or less. Most I found when I did a LOT of research into this a while ago was ~$40 as the absolute minimum.

A popular site for cheaper dedicated servers (still over $30) can be found here: https://www.soyoustart.com/us/game-servers/
    Note: They don't tell you until after you purchase it, but they require you to provide your driver's license or some identification to confirm your identity and ensure you are over 21. Additionally, your registered info must be the exact same as your liscence / credit card info. Otherwise they'll not let you do it. And if you're under 21, you can't use it.

Another key part to take note of is hosting location. I've only done research for ones hosted in NA because that's where I live. Europe etc may vary for prices.

5. This does not really work together, if you want a really good high quality dedicated 30 dollars won't even cover the colocation for most companies.

6. Thanks but I'll be still looking more into this, u never know!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm sure there is at least one place who would be able to offer this, for this price.

8. I would advise Hetzner and then in particular the EX41-SSD like @Darthmineboy suggested. Though the problem is they have high setup fees. Another thing is 2 weeks ago they had a setup fee discount where you would only pay the monthly rent. I've got the EX41-SSD and it works as a charm. So would definitely recommend it!

You can also look into Hetzner's 'Auction servers', they are good as well and you pay 28 euro's for a i7 4770, 32GB RAM and 2x2TB.

9. OVH is pretty much the cheapest provider, you're not going to get much lower than them.

Hetzner don't include the prices with VAT and the fee for the German location on the frontpage. With tax and the 5 euro fee for the German location (as opposed to their DC in Finland) added, it comes to 46 euros

10. They do include the 21% VAT with their prices. The only problem is you pay more when you want to have the server in Germany instead of Helsinki.

The setup price is also 95,59 euro's

11. This CPU doesn't even exist. i5-7400 does.

I don't think so. Dedicated servers are not free for the providers either. They have to buy the hardware (and the specs you stated aren't exactly lowend), keep it running with electricity and offer bandwidth with it.

Honestly, if your Minecraft server is still small and you don't have the budget for a dedicated server, you're probably better off going with shared hosting instead.

Alternatively, if you care more about the price than quality, you can check out kimsufi or nocix. You won't get anywhere near the specs you requested but oh well. By the way, I don't endorse Nocix at all, they are a fairly terrible provider. I'm just putting it out there that it exists.

12. Thanks for the support!

13. [​IMG]
    excl VAT

14. If I didn't have internet problems, I would host it at home and 95 to setup the server + fees to have it in Germany is bit to much.

15. Ok, understood but like I'm willing to have a vps because I have partners and we would be hosting multiply servers.

16. upload_2018-12-8_14-48-24.png

INCL VAT

17. I would advise you to subscribe to their newsletter, so you know when they give a sale and when they dont charge the setup fee.

Also I would like to advise you to have a look at their server auction, which do not have setup fees

18. Must have different websites for UK and other EU countries then. That 41 eur still doesn't include the 5 eur fee for Germany either