DedicatedMC have a

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by OverOut, Feb 14, 2020.

1. DedicatedMC has a good DDOS protection?

2. The site doesn't say anything about their dDos protection, but it looks good overall so I would say it does.

3. I am between DedicatedMC and ExtraVM, ExtraVM is a bit more expensive but it is not a big problem, what I am looking for is a host with about 6 gb of ram and with a good protection that is hosted in France (Europe), ExtraVM would fulfill the ddos and hold about 30 plugins with 20 people connected? If you don't comply with the data, would you have to hire an extra service like CloudFlare?

4. If you don't comply with the ddos protection**

5. Or do you think it would be better DedicatedMC and hire an anti ddos service?

6. ExtraVM by far.

7. but, de DDOS protection in ExtraVM is good?

8. ExtraVM's EU location is mainly Hetzner, however, I think you can open a ticket and get moved to an OVH box if you're having issues. OVH's DDoS protection is better than Hetzner's, but apart from that, ExtraVM is much better managed and run by a person that doesn't have meltdowns on Reddit, unlike dedicatedmc :)

9. [QUOTE = "DotRar, post: 3690184, member: 30223"] La ubicación de ExtraVM en la UE es principalmente Hetzner, sin embargo, creo que puede abrir un ticket y pasar a un cuadro de OVH si tiene problemas. La protección DDoS de OVH es mejor que la de Hetzner, pero aparte de eso, ExtraVM está mucho mejor administrado y administrado por una persona que no tiene colapsos en Reddit, a diferencia de dedicado :)mc [/ QUOTE]
    X, ok thanks, i see that you hate dedicatedmc xD

10. [QUOTE = "OverOut, post: 3690213, member: 501358"] [QUOTE = "DotRar, post: 3690184, member: 30223"] La ubicación de ExtraVM en la UE es principalmente Hetzner, sin embargo, creo que puede abrir un ticket y pasar un cuadro de OVH si tiene problemas. La protección DDoS de OVH es mejor que la de Hetzner, pero aparte de eso, ExtraVM es mucho mejor administrado y administrado por una persona que no tiene colapsos en Reddit, una diferencia de dedicado :)mc [/ QUOTE]
    X, ok, gracias, veo que odias el dedicado mc xD [/ QUOTE]
    xD*

11. You don't have to keep saying that you know. Just because something happened once doesn't mean I'm a bad person or that I run a bad company ;) Also, I don't run the company by myself. We have 2 CEOs

12. You'd be surprised by how much Hetzners DDoS Protection has improved lately. We also add custom firewall rules to protect our servers even better. We've seen that Hetzners DDoS protection can mitigate pretty beefy attacks, even long standing ones. Sometimes it might kick in a little later than lets say OVH, but overall its great and has caused almost no downtime for us.

13. If you don't like people bringing up your damaged reputation, you shouldn't have damaged your reputation in the first place

Happened 2 times out of the 2 times you argued with my friend. Creates a bit of a bad impression ya know

I'd let it slide if it was just a support rep or something, but you have more than a significant level of power and a responsibility to represent your company properly

I'd expect Hetzner to be able to withstand volumetric attacks - they have a huge capacity, and besides they're the easiest to detect - filter quality is much more important. And as you said, it's slow to kick in. I've seen it take 5 minutes to kick in for a simple UDP flood. By then, you have 5 minutes of downtime and your players will be gone. Even then, it was letting a lot of packets through last time I saw.

14. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Hetzner protection isn't the best but it works fine really. Just takes a short time to start working well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. While I was not a part of this situation myself, I'd like to just say that your lack of professionalism on Reddit does reflect on your company. I actually like your company, from the site and the specs of the servers. It's fairly priced, however you shouldn't be demonstrating a lack of professionalism on Reddit because someone said you use Hetzner (sorry if that was inaccurate, I don't know much about the situation). Your host looks great, besides that.

• Agree Agree x 3